Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus TD DI problem

Stephen

I have a 2000 Focus 1.8 TD DI and when driving it will go idol and the engine still ticks over but the glow plug light flashes and will not rev at all any ideas atall please....

I have a 2000 Focus 1.8 TD DI and when driving it will go idol and the engine still ticks over but the glow plug light flashes and will not rev at all any ideas atall please....

Throttle position sensor. You need to fit a new accelerator pedal mate. Around £60 for the part 15 min job to fit yourself. 3 nuts pedal off unplug multi plug. Now the new pedal is a different looking part slightly as it has been modified since 2000. I advise plugging the plug in before fitting the pedal cos if its anything like mine the plug wouldnt go in when it was bolted to the car. Then just put the 3 nuts back on the bolts in the bulkhead and you're away. Use a deep socket on the nuts its easier but theres not much room down there and its a bit fiddly.

Throttle position sensor. You need to fit a new accelerator pedal mate. Around £60 for the part 15 min job to fit yourself. 3 nuts pedal off unplug multi plug. Now the new pedal is a different looking part slightly as it has been modified since 2000. I advise plugging the plug in before fitting the pedal cos if its anything like mine the plug wouldnt go in when it was bolted to the car. Then just put the 3 nuts back on the bolts in the bulkhead and you're away. Use a deep socket on the nuts its easier but theres not much room down there and its a bit fiddly.

Thanks you very much mate your a star, i phoned my local ford dealers and they wanted near £90 so i went to the local salvage yard and bought one for £10

I have a working car thanks to you mr sierraYankee99

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club