Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cd6000 Problems 2006 Focus

Wisey

Hi,

Just bought a 2006 1.6 Focus Zetec and I am having problems with the stereo. The CD makes a clicking sound and will only intermittantly play CD's, the phone button just mutes the sound and I can't seem to get into the correct menu to turn the bluetooth on, would also like to connect an ipod as I can see that it has an AUX button but can find where to plug the lead in? The light also stays on on the display after i have locked the car using the key is this normal? Any help would be much appreciated. ;-)

The "phone" button is just a mute/pause control on this stereo. The intention is that it stops the noise so you can use your phone. It does not turn on any bluetooth interface.

Ford caused confusion by using the same icon on the newer stereos for switching on bluetooth connectivity.

The AUX input socket is in the glovebox on the top lefthand side. It may not be fitted. If not, the part is £20 from Ford and is an easy fit, though a bit of cutting will be required. Do a search on the Focus forum on this site for a guide of how to do this. Please bear in mind AUX is audio only, it does not allow control of the device (ipod?) connected.

Nice one Nigel, many thanks. I have look at at some other forums and will now not bother with removing fuses and disconnecting batteries etc. so you have saved me a big headache. Why the hell do Ford use the same model number for their stereos if they are different :huh:

The stereo is generic, the bluetooth module is an exterior add on.

Adding an aux connection this weekend myself but instead of fitting the standard one to the glovebox I'm running one to the cubby next to the lighter socket as I'm running it to a Griffin controller do I can remote my iPod.

Rather there than having the iPod hidden in the glovebox or having cables trailing everywhere.

Cheers Clive, like your thinking, will check it out.

Anyone know the part number for the Aux input?

Finis code 1426121.

The one I have coming is a 1 metre cable with a connector for the quad lock on one end and a 3.5 stereo plug on the other end.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=300541879333&index=1&nav=SEARCH&nid=48699021517

When I fit it then it will just come out the bottom of the fascia behind the demister switches.

That's as far as I need it to go but obviously it's up to personal choice.

Hey Clive,

Would be great to see some photo's of the work if possible.

Cheers

Hey Clive,

Would be great to see some photo's of the work if possible.

Cheers

No problem there, hoping to do it early part of next week, all the parts are here and ready, just need some loom tape to wrap the cable.

Will be moving my Parrot bluetooth screen too as every time i need to pull the radio out i have to unstick it (it's attached with foam stickys to the edge of the radio) i have a bracket for it and will probably put it on the blank heater switch faces and run the cable the same direction as the aux cable.

Just as well when the fascia and heater panel is off.

Auxinstall.jpg