#1 Jassyblue

Jassyblue

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name: Jacquie
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2002

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

Hi. I'm looking to perhaps buy a Ford Fiesta. Having been stung on purchasing used cars in the past, I would be grateful for any hints and tips to look for when checking out a used Fiesta.

Thank you

Jassyblue

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Danny87

Danny87

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Freestyle 1.25 Zetec 5-door
  • Year: 2001

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

How much are you looking to spend and what year are you looking at? There's loads of choice on these particular cars as they've always been popular. If you're looking at one of the older cars, then please check for rust on the wheel arches and floorpan. Welding can be expensive. Mechanically I don't think the Fiesta is known for any common and expensive issues, and with so many around so cheap parts are easy to come by on eBay or the local breakers.

Make sure the engine runs fine and look for obvious signs of oil leaks underneath and around the engine. Ask when the timing belt was changed (if applicable) and check any service history.

Those are the obvious things, usually you get a good idea whether the car/seller is genuine on first impressions. But it's always best to be extra vigilant.

Hope that's of some help and good luck choosing your car!

Dan :)

#3 Jassyblue

Jassyblue

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name: Jacquie
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2002

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

Dan, thanks for that. Have booked a test drive on a 2002 1.25 Fiesta for Wednesday. Outwardly it looks stunning! Not a speck of rust outside and no hint of any leaks inside. Its very reassuring that there are no mechanical issues known. Hopefully the test drive will go well, and very much look forward to being able to join in the discussions on this list.

Thanks again

Jacquie

#4 Danny87

Danny87

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Freestyle 1.25 Zetec 5-door
  • Year: 2001

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

That's the same engine I have in mine and it's been really reliable. I've only covered 5,000ish miles since buying the car last year, but so far I'm so happy because although the car isn't fast I get 40+mpg if my maths are correct haha.

Best of luck for your test drive and I hope you like the car :).

Dan

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users