#1 richmog08

richmog08

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: richard
  • Ford Model: focus
  • Year: 2008

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

I need to replace my sat nav antenna on my '08 Focus Titanium. I know that it is probably located on top of the instrument cluster. I can access the back of the head unit to unplug the Fakra connector, and can trace the pathway of the cable, but i am not sure what is the easiest way to get to the top of the cluster. I was wondering if the storage compartment on top of the dashboard could be removed to enable access. Any ideas guys and gals?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Have a look at Lenny's fitting an ST pod guide he has directions on there how to remove the instrument cluster

#3 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,499 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

I need to replace my sat nav antenna on my '08 Focus Titanium. I know that it is probably located on top of the instrument cluster. I can access the back of the head unit to unplug the Fakra connector, and can trace the pathway of the cable, but i am not sure what is the easiest way to get to the top of the cluster. I was wondering if the storage compartment on top of the dashboard could be removed to enable access. Any ideas guys and gals?

Hi mate,
as pree has advised, you will see the information on removing the cluster in the st pod guide listed below this post,
also to advise you the aerial for the GPS is fitted behind the mirror on the drivers side wing mirror.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sat nav, antenna, fakra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users