Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf Replacement

Chucky
聽Share

Hello out there, I am 99% sure my DPF is f..ked. I have found a replacement on eBay, a brand new after market one. Could anyone tell me that if I bought it and fitted it, would my car need remapping? Or would it be like fitting a new piece of exhaust? I have a separate unit that feeds oil into the fuel, I will top this up too. Any help would be great. 馃槉

Are you sure its knackered, could it be that the fluid needs topping up?

i have the 1.6 tdci to,when the fluid additive is empty you will get a red cog symbel on the dash but i think if you dpf is knakered the eml comes on and the car will go into limp mode,so if its the red cog on the dash you might be lucky might be the additive,also once you have topped the additive up the system will need resetting by ford or a good garage.mine cost 拢100 including resetting the ecu. no need to get a remap.

I have had the engine management light on a few times! It has come on and gone out. When I plugged in a fault finder it came up with p2002 which is particulate filter. This has been going On now for quite a while. It is coming on more regular now. It has also lost power a few times, which I assumed is "limp home mode"

you will need to replace the dpf stright away then before it completly goes,have you looked at the prices on this web site before buying one off eBay,i think they are about 拢198 of here,also there is a place near me who do a dpf removel service for 拢400 garenteed for life and they say it will pass any mot.

What website is would that be? Removal Might be the better option though!! Might have a phone about to get some prices on removal! Thanks.

But what I need to know is, would it be as simple as just putting a replacement DPF on, without having to remap or resetting ECU?

Also does anyone know what the pipes are coming off the DPF up into the engine bay?

go to there web site ecu flash they are called give them a ring its near meddowhall in sheffield 拢400 includes removel of the dpf and a remap which is a very good price,i am getting mine done when i need a new dpf,they have the car for 4 hours while you wait.

I thought the dash warning meant that you needed to take for a run for twenty minutes keeping the revs up above 2500, to give it a chance to regen. If you dont then the dash light will eventualy come on and stay on and then a new dpf will be required.

Would I be correct in thinking you don't do much motorway driving? As this is about the only way to achieve the criteria of keeping above 2500 revs for more than twnty minutes.

I don't do a great deal of motorway driving. I commute 10 miles each day to work and 10 back. I have however just ran the car 20 miles down the motorway. 70 mph in 4th 3000rpm. The light has come on twice since then! Both times showing p2002 on the fault code (PDF)

Has anyone had any PDF removed by Longlife exhausts? I have found they do a removal and remap. Not sure how much yet. It's either that or replace with a aftermarket one? 馃榿

Maybe take it for a longer run? The dpf light on the dash (as long as it is no stuck on) indicates a regen is required soon. It needs to be up to temperature as well.

So the light coming on and off indicates it needs a regen? I am going to Wales Saturday about 30 / 40 miles perhaps that might do it? Would it also indicate that the eloys oil needs topping up?

I believe the eloys is a different code. How many miles on the clock?

Also make sure the pressure lines to the cat aren't damaged, these are used to determine how sooted up the dpf is (based on differntial pressure).

That would make sense!! I recently had the fuel filter changed and the clown who did it left the DPF pipes dangling in the engine bay, still connected to the plastic unit. He did not put the unit back where should have been! maybe the pipes got damaged!

That's a REALLY good price for this. And it is exactly what you need ;). The good thing is that your car will also have a new cat, and that is nice :)

Hope it works out for you mate.

That would make sense!! I recently had the fuel filter changed and the clown who did it left the DPF pipes dangling in the engine bay, still connected to the plastic unit. He did not put the unit back where should have been! maybe the pipes got damaged!

Why did he touch the anything other than the fuel filter? You only need to remove a metal bracket keeping the filter in, and nothing else. Was other work performed on the car i.e exhaust end, as I have read that after market exhausts can trigger the P2002 error code.

New PDF on order should be here tomorrow. Fitting Friday. Fingers crossed job done!!

That PDF is the 6th best selling item on there website. Just goes to show how many people out there have had them fitted to their 1.6 tdci's. Got to be a good thing? 馃槒

Not sure what to do with it? Might get it cleaned out and keep for spare? 馃槈

If it was me, I'd probably start playing a bit, and stick a manometer across the pressure lines and use one of the inflatable mattress pumps to blow air through it, to get a base line reading of the differential drop.

Then using an electric heat gun, blow through it on the higest setting for 10 minutes or so, let it cool down and then do the manometer check again. Just to see if it cleans it out at all.

Now that isn't a bad idea!! Mate of mine will have the tools. Might do that one weekend!! Cheers. 馃槃

If you do, let us know how you get on. Could save a lot of peolple a few hundred quid.

ajt, shame there isnt a 'like' button yet, very good suggestion, and a very good way to complete a manual regen!