Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Mk Fiesta Do You Think Has Been The Best So Far?

Thedaftapple

Hey all so what fiesta do you think has been the best in terms of reliability etc?

Im begining to think the mk 3s were the best for reliability although i got a mk4 ive had a mk5 before and it was generally crap

Iam split between the mk6 and 6.5 they feel solid compared to the flimsy mk7

Jamie

Yeah true i like the latest fez but im still sticking with the older ones where i can actually get cheap parts and attack them with a spanner when they go wrong plus theyre still fun to drive

mk3 with the HCS engine could go on forever (until it rusted away at least)

mk3 with the HCS engine could go on forever (until it rusted away at least)

totally

mk6.5 but then i'm biased seeing as i have one!

+1. Had mine for nearly two years and had no problems with it. Great wee car! :)

Seeing that a MK7 Fiesta is basically a peugeot i would lean towards a MK6 if the choice was necessary.

Seeing that a MK7 Fiesta is basically a peugeot i would lean towards a MK6 if the choice was necessary.

the diesel engines are PSA-derived units, but the sigma petrol engines are derived from yamahas originally. the rest of the car is zero percent PSA

Apart from in 90% of the way?

totally

But the HCS was a rattly old dog of an engine. The 1.4 Yamaha based engine was a cracker. though.

Ka = fiat

fiesta = peugeot

focus = ford

mondeo = jaguar

<_<

currently:

ka = fiat

focus = ford, mazda 3, volvo C30, S40, V40/50

mondeo = ford, mazda 6 (soon to be unrelated), volvo S60, V70

not sure where you get fiesta = peugeot from though, unless you are just referring to the diesel engine, in which case, the peugeot diesels are used in a lot of fords (except the ka)

But the HCS was a rattly old dog of an engine. The 1.4 Yamaha based engine was a cracker. though.

no doubt the sigma was (is) a legend of an engine, but the HCS was so simple and easy to maintain (as long as you kept the ignition bits dry ;) )

if we were hosting worst engine, it would definitely be the endura-DE engine in TDDI form from the Mk1 focus. horrible, horrible engine

no doubt the sigma was (is) a legend of an engine, but the HCS was so simple and easy to maintain (as long as you kept the ignition bits dry ;) )

if we were hosting worst engine, it would definitely be the endura-DE engine in TDDI form from the Mk1 focus. horrible, horrible engine

I'm not up to speed on soot chuckers :D Re the HCS. It did knock out followers in no time and although easy to work on it was an engine out.

I'm not up to speed on soot chuckers :D Re the HCS. It did knock out followers in no time and although easy to work on it was an engine out.

engine out for the bulky stuff, but EDIS fixed a lot of the common "home start" style issues

i agree about the sigma being a contender for best engine, my first fiesta was a 1.25 zetec (i was still at university at the time) and i loved it, all my mates had antique 8v (some pushrod) cast iron units in their corsas and polos.

i couldnt believe i got 75HP out of a 1.25, when i only got 60 out of a 1.4 VW (my first car, a base trim golf mk3 with a million on the clock.)

at the end of the day it's rose tinted spectacles!! sigma is still around in one shape or another

at the end of the day it's rose tinted spectacles!! sigma is still around in one shape or another

Very true.

While on the subject of engines. I'm mightily impressed with the 1.6 in the Wife's Fiesta. Driving it today I had it pulling gently from 1100 RPM in 5th without a murmur