Show
Photo

How Do I Program My Focus To Lock The Doors Automatically?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jayneybabi

jayneybabi

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Name: jayne
  • Ford Model: ford focus titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

hi im new here so hi :)
hoping one of you can help as rang a ford dealer and they seem to not have a clue... or arnold clark trying to take my car off me for the day..

i have a ford focus titanium 60 plate (push start button)
i want the doors to autolock when i drive off instead of pressing it myself.. i know a few of yous want it turned off so hoping someone has managed to do it on a 2010 car. Seen some posts for 2006 models and tried that but doesnt seem to work. Has anyone got the code to do for the 2010 model or is it a thing for the diagnostics?

let me know please thanks :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,504 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

This has been extensively discussed just recently. It seems that the Mk2.5 does not have this option. It may be possible for Ford to programme it into the GEM unit but it is not possible to do it yourself like you could with older Fords.

#3 jayneybabi

jayneybabi

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Name: jayne
  • Ford Model: ford focus titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:27 AM

oh really :( ford seem bit clueless one said think can be done for like £50 probs not worth it tho

#4 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

It probably can be done via a Dealer but TBH most of them only know how to re-flash firmware and don't have much of a clue how to add or delete settings from the GEM or ECU.

Second thing is , the Auto lock is after 5mph so its not a security feature as if you stop they would un-lock.

Other option is to get into the habbit of manually locking as you close the door , something i have not tried though , is if you lock position One , with a passive key inside,would the key on a Keyless entry allow the door to be opened !

I will have to investigate more

#5 rojariggs

rojariggs

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Name: Roger
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium
  • Year: 2011

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:18 PM

the Auto lock is after 5mph so its not a security feature as if you stop they would un-lock.

I don't think so. The whole point of Autolock is anti-intruder/anti-hijack which means it is at its most most vital when you are stopped!

It should lock at 5mph and stay locked until you go to open a door (or have an accident!).

#6 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

I don't think so. The whole point of Autolock is anti-intruder/anti-hijack which means it is at its most most vital when you are stopped!

It should lock at 5mph and stay locked until you go to open a door (or have an accident!).

I have never had it so don't know the full effect's of it , but i have been in other cars which have auto lock and when you stop they open.

#7 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

The system in the older Fords did not unlock when you stopped. However if you opened a door from inside when the engine was still running, they would unlock and would not re-lock automatically until you turned the ignition off and then started up and drove off again.

#8 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,650 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

my auto lock kicks in at 10mph, and doesnt unlock until I a ) crash and deploy airbags b ) try to open a door c ) stay under 10mph and press the unlock key d ) stop the car and take the key out of the ignition.

If I try to lock unlock my car it then locks again immedaitely if I am above 10mph

#9 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

my auto lock kicks in at 10mph, and doesnt unlock until I a ) crash and deploy airbags b ) try to open a door c ) stay under 10mph and press the unlock key d ) stop the car and take the key out of the ignition.

If I try to lock unlock my car it then locks again immedaitely if I am above 10mph

Sounds like a much better system than the old Ford one. Especially as it re-locks without having to turn the ignition off.

#10 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,650 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

yeah, as long as you exceed 10mph it will auto lock, its certainly a handy little feature, however it lacks the anti hijack the focus has, where you can unlock driver door only, and not the rest...

#11 Z3 MON

Z3 MON

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 115 Mistral 2004
  • Year: 2004

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users