Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cleaning Zetec-S Pedals

MartynS

What do you guys use to clean your pedals with (if you do)? I've had no luck with an old dishcloth as it gets shredded and am a bit reluctant to use something like a shoe brush with bristles in case it damages the finish. Dirt seems to collect between the rubber pads and I don't know what to use to remove it!

Depends on the dishcloth?

I normally wipe them over with a damp cloth to lift the hard dirt then wipe off the excess with a face wipe or something. Can be fiddly but does the trick!

What do you guys use to clean your pedals with (if you do)? I've had no luck with an old dishcloth as it gets shredded and am a bit reluctant to use something like a shoe brush with bristles in case it damages the finish. Dirt seems to collect between the rubber pads and I don't know what to use to remove it!

Sad, but I use a old toothbrush and some soapy water. I even put this little tray under to catch any water lol

Sad, but I use a old toothbrush and some soapy water. I even put this little tray under to catch any water lol

I know what I'm doing next time I clean my interior

Tooth brush for me as well - I do use APC in a spray bottle though, so it feels more fancy, but it's the same concept. :D

I know what I'm doing next time I clean my interior

Lol. I used to use cotton ear buds in the interior air vents as the gaps were tiny in my previous car :)

+1 on using an old toothbrush. They're great for fiddly cleaning jobs in the car & around the home.

Just don't use it to brush your teeth afterwards :rolleyes:

Sad, but I use a old toothbrush and some soapy water.

Fluoride soapy water?

I use a small paint brush for vents and tricky places.

Good for getting the !Removed! ash out.

I remove them from the car and leave them to soak in a bucket of warm water with a general APC (this one here to be exact http://www.ecover.com/gb/en/Products/Cleaning/All+Purpose+Cleaner.htm ). Then get a cheap sponge to it. Leave them to dry in a warm area to dry out for a few hours and replace once dry

Fluoride soapy water?

I use a small paint brush for vents and tricky places.

Good for getting the !Removed! ash out.

Normally the same bucket I wash the car from. So what ever car washing liquid I have in.

Reminds me of James May and the paint brushes for cleaning a car lol.

You can get an AutoGlym agitator brush that is soft enough to do the vents/pedals etc. but strong enough to actually lift dirt.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club