Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sport Setting Etc

Rosnab

2010 ford focus i have noticed that on the menu setting dongle that you can choose comfort, sport etc. what does the sport do? does it use more fuel etc?

These settings are for steering , they will stiffen up the steering feel for different settings , they have nothing to do with performance or fuel

Just gives you that little less PAS support, so that as you go round the corner, you have more weight to throw, and it stops you oversteering...

2010 ford focus i have noticed that on the menu setting dongle that you can choose comfort, sport etc. what does the sport do? does it use more fuel etc?

Don't make much difference mate to be honest ?

Paraphrased from the manual-

Standard - The standard setting suitable for all driving styles

Sport - Steering assistance is reduced.

This suits a sportier driving style by increasing the feedback through the steering wheel.

The Sport setting is also an advantage when driving on icy and snowy road conditions.

Comfort - The steering assistance is increased.

The steering will feel lighter and you will not need to exert as much force on the wheel.

There is no change to engine performance or fuel economy, it's purely a power steering imput control.

do all models have this feature?

I couldn't say for sure but I'd reckon that the lower spec ones wouldn't

Don't make much difference mate to be honest ?

Really?? I find it does!

Go from comfort to sport and you'll feel a difference!! From one finger full locks to having to use a hand... U also get a bit more feel of what the cars doing... Mines always in sport... Tbh, I'd like it a touch heavier...

The increase in feedback in sport mode makes the car feel more planted on the road and also more stable at higher speeds.

Never out of sport either.

All diesel models have this feature as far as i know, starting with focus mk1. You may have to have a trip computer though to be able to switch between them. I keep it is sport also, because confort doesn't give you that much confidence on twisty roads. The only good place you can use it is parallel parking i guess :)

where exactly would this be found??? would it be on the screen with the mpg, miles left in the tank etc??

seems like only diesel models so far

My 1.8 petrol Titanium 2008 has this feature, it is found on the display screen that includes MPG, outside temp ect.

hmm iv got the 2010 zetec s and have never noticed anything when scrolling through... maybe seen as it is the s model i dont have a choice lol

You will have it... U need to enter the menu setting when stationary... Then scroll to steering, and it's in there!!

on the mk2 it was an option unfortunately despite this the old owner didnt choose it

This feature is not on my 1.6 titanium.

Maybe it's standard on larger engines and Diesel

haha im a complete lemon had the car for over 8 months now and only just found it.... thanks for the heads up all... pree are you sure you dont have it (not calling you a lemon but never noticed it before now) when scrolling through, menu appears, hit the set button and your there...

i find it most handy when im sitting at the lights and some flash git pulls up along side in his big car trying to cut in, so as you can imagen ESP off lol foot down, clutch up, you know the rest lol

It's worth noting that in the Mk2, as you cycle through the trip computer options the steering setting only shows when the car is stationary.

When the cars is moving this option isn't shown on the menu.

i find it most handy when im sitting at the lights and some flash git pulls up along side in his big car trying to cut in, so as you can imagen ESP off lol foot down, clutch up, you know the rest lol

Oh, and how is sport setting supposed to be handy in this situation, as it has nothing to do with engine setting and in addition to this it is working only at higher speed?

i can confirm i dont have it even stationary with the key in position 2 my options are language and chimes thats the lot

Oh, and how is sport setting supposed to be handy in this situation, as it has nothing to do with engine setting and in addition to this it is working only at higher speed?

i dont know i didnt use sport setting??? i just turned the esp off thus allowing me to pull away fast without the esp kicking in and dropping the revs... you may get a bit off wheel spin but if you adjust the pedals accordingly you can pull away real quick!!

We were talking about sport setting so I understood, that you not only turn off ESP but switch to sport as well, so I asked. Of course what you are saying about ESP is right.

Yes 100% sure i don't have the Steering setting , my mate has it on his Zetec S 1.8

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club