• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 starby

starby

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta freestyle ll
Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:24 AM

Hi! guys,i have a 1994 freestyle ll ,heres my problem,in the oil filler cap theres whipped cream,no loss of water, no overheating,no sign of the whipped cream on the oil dip stick ,car runs great,i thought head but other than the whipped cream nothing seems to point to that,any ideas.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Russ

Russ

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4i zetec

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

Hi! guys,i have a 1994 freestyle ll ,heres my problem,in the oil filler cap theres whipped cream,no loss of water, no overheating,no sign of the whipped cream on the oil dip stick ,car runs great,i thought head but other than the whipped cream nothing seems to point to that,any ideas.

Could just be condensation on the inside of the rocker cover caused by short journeys, but keep your eye on the water levels to be sure

#3 Steve

Steve

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,936 posts
  • Ford Model: Kugy
Contributor

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:25 PM

when doing an oil change watch out for the first bit of oil that comes out.. if it is water then investigate.

I also think it is condensation as Russ says.. wipe it off and keep checking it.

Isnt there a tool to check for gases in the water? can't think of the name of it.

#4 starby

starby

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta freestyle ll
Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

when doing an oil change watch out for the first bit of oil that comes out.. if it is water then investigate.

I also think it is condensation as Russ says.. wipe it off and keep checking it.

Isnt there a tool to check for gases in the water? can't think of the name of it.

thanks guys,will do as you say i will keep an eye.

#5 chas

chas

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:15 PM

Hi, I have exactly the same problem and it seems to have started just recently, same symptoms. I've been quoted 200-250 for a replacement head gasket, but am loathe to shell out at the mo, as it appears to run fine still. The garage I took it to, just recommended I keep a check on the oil and coolant levels. It started this around 80,000 miles and it only gets used on long journeys. Will keep you posted as to the outcome.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users