Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Decent Scrap Yards In The Cheshire/merseyside Area

yozza64

Hi guys does anybody know of any decent Scrap Yards in the Cheshire/Merseyside area with a good selection of Fords in. Also ones that you can have a good mooch around and walk round without being pestered.

To give people an idea I live in Runcorn, which is in Cheshire

Also im looking at trying to get hold of a spare 3 button key fob, so I can have 2 remote fobs. Can I find these just lying in the cars or would I need to ask the scrap yard about them

Also im looking at trying to get hold of a spare 3 button key fob, so I can have 2 remote fobs. Can I find these just lying in the cars or would I need to ask the scrap yard about them

To be honest the scrappies will either strip out the full locking / PATS system to sell as a bonded set or will flog the keys off on eBay.

You'd just as well get a new uncoded one from eBay and get it programmed.

On a lot of the latest keys if they have been coded once, they would need a new transponder to work.

Look on the bay and make sure the serials are correct and preferrably new and uncut ones.

Ford do not like recoding self bought keys and also will charge the earth for the service if you are lucky enough to get one to do it.

Independent garages or auto locksmiths are the best bet for cutting and coding and charge far less.

Key cutting places like Timpsons and such offer key cutting and coding but get funny about the metal that Ford keys are made from.

Local Timpsons refused to cut a blade for my flip key as they reckoned the metal was too hard, would not guarantee the key even if they could do it and that it was company policy to refuse to do Ford keys.

Independent key cutter reckoned the key would blunt their cutting blade and refused too.

A friendly Auto Locky i know did it in 20 minutes with no fuss whatsoever and coded it to the car and central locking for £20 (mates rates).

Getting keys done can be a bit of a faff but there is always a solution.

I went to "Edgehill Salvage" in liverpool to pick up my rear boot light. mostly full of old bangers but it all depends what you're after from them.

they let you do as you please, I asked them for tools to remove what I wanted and they just left me to it to rip the back of the car apart.

never done that before. so you take off what you want and they guess a price i should pay?

never done that before. so you take off what you want and they guess a price i should pay?

Yeah, I went in and asked do they have the interior boot bulb holder from a ford and he said he has a few fords about go have a look... (some were stacked 3 cars high so screw that idea)

So I just walked around found an old Mondeo on its own and just threw the parcel shelf inside the car, got a screw driver undid the side panel and then got some wire cutters and snipped off as much of the cable as I could. didn't put any of it back together. gave him £5 and off I went. could of talked him down on the price I bet but not worth the hassle.