Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Amazing Focus!

AlanW

sorry at work using my mobile.

she has told me one of the recalls was for ill fitting doors allowing wind and water into the rear of the car, originally it was the passenger side door but she was called back to get the drivers rear door fixe.

she picks the car up today or tomorrow so will get me the recall list incase anyone else has any issues.

Would be worth sharing the list to see if there's any faults similar to other new owners on here.

Personally I have had a few minor niggles but lets remember, this is a brand new model - you always get teething problems. It's probably best to wait 12months when buying a new model for minor issues to get 'ironed out'. Biggest issue for me is the Keyless Entry which lets you in the car when it feels like it. Mine will be due another service in a couple of months so will let them take a look then.

Why is your grammar so bad ?

That comment re. "artscot79" post was not called for! We all make mistakes.

wouldnt worry about it its a forum were all entitled to our opinions.

Yes, maybe it's just the Yorkshire way. No worries.

i think people get me wrong i love my fords and i want to see ford succeed but they admittedly need to catch up a bit especially in the warranty and build quality department.

im not anti ford or anti focus there just seems to be a wide chasm with this new model, on one hand happy customers who love it on the other people who are so fed up they want rid of a new car.

but yes i will get as much info on the recall work as i can incase anyone else has similar issues

i think people get me wrong i love my fords and i want to see ford succeed but they admittedly need to catch up a bit especially in the warranty and build quality department.

im not anti ford or anti focus there just seems to be a wide chasm with this new model, on one hand happy customers who love it on the other people who are so fed up they want rid of a new car.

but yes i will get as much info on the recall work as i can incase anyone else has similar issues

I'm sure that with most manufacturers you will have a disgruntled owner compared to a number of happy ones. Lets see at the end of the year how Ford stack up in the likes of the motoring organisations Driver Satisfaction Surveys.

As a company car driver I have the 'couldn't care less' attitude towards faults on the car. Yes its an inconvenience at times but it gets fixed, usually under warranty or at the lease companies expense. However I fully sympathise with private owners, they have a right to air their views. Having issues on vehicles costs time and money and is one hassle you can do without.

Putting it all into context the New Focus is as this thread started 'Amazing' and will continue to be the standard bearer to what the competition in the same class offers in terms of technical innovation as standard.

Completely agree that it is a bit odd that Ford are sticking with 3 year warranties when others are 4, 5, 7 or lifetime with Vauxhall (first owner)... it says a lot about the faith Ford have in their products.

she picks the car up today or tomorrow so will get me the recall list incase anyone else has any issues.

Would be an interesting read if you could post it up... I personally have only had very minor issues (handbrake is all but useless and a belt or something squeals in the cold) but would be good to see what other have had to endure!

I really like the MK3 (and have always liked the MK1 & 2), but each Focus model has divided opinion.

As you would expect ford were off with her when she asked for copies of the recal work they will post it they said so she will look for the letters.so i can get any recall or tsb numbers.

On the courtesy car i liked the front end didnt like the rear,the new steering felt tighter it was quieter.

Question is what next? will there be a mk4 and what will it look like

Had my Focus nearly 2 months now and have done about 1,300 miles. I have had no issues with the car, everything works as it should, don't have a lot of confidence in the city stop and lane departure warning to keep me safe but it does work, gets my missus on edge when city stop warning kicks in, sign recognition in the main works but sometimes misreads and displays 100 limit sign! Not even used active park assist yet and voice recognition is a bit of a gimmick, especially if defrost is on and trying to turn it off is a laugh 'cause of the noise of the fan drowning out your voice.. Adaptive cruise control is brill on the motorway and works well but is a bit unnerving on tighter corners when you lose the tracking of the car in front, just be aware and it's ok.

Sound system is excellent, external hdd via usb needed extra power via the 12v socket which is a pain because of the trailing lead into the glove box. USB stick is ok, ipod connection is also good.

Got some good features like corning lights which really helps on dark road in town and cockpit lighting is cool, downlighters on the wing mirrors is good.

Engine still tight and getting 42 'ish on 3 mile trip tp work, on a 550 mile long weekend trip (virtually empty tank when we got back) some motorway and A roads got overall 54.6mpg, a bit dissappointed but would hope to get better when run in properly. (Get 55 mpg out of my pug 406 HDi 110 on a similar run) Trip computer is a bit basic, Pug has more settings 2 trips, mileage and longer range tank

Ordered Sony satnav and was a bit miffed when the reversing camera was missing, It was confirmed that the camera would be part of the kit.

Love the look of the car and it's a pleasure to drive, my last Ford btw was a Mk 3 Cortina Estate which I ran for 8 years NEVER let me down and , my first car was a 1500cc Ford Cortina Mk1 (1964).......

I personally have only had very minor issues (a belt or something squeals in the cold)

Mine does that !! lol

Got some good features like corning lights which really helps on dark road in town ...

I think in principle these are a good idea, however I also think that they are a pain when tackling a small traffic island at night in traffic.

Example, you come to an island and say you are turning right, as you enter the island the left one illuminates, as you travel around the island the right one then illuminates, then as you turn off the island the left one comes back on again.

I have had cars pull out on me because I am convinced they thought that I had flashed them?

I think in principle these are a good idea, however I also think that they are a pain when tackling a small traffic island at night in traffic.

Example, you come to an island and say you are turning right, as you enter the island the left one illuminates, as you travel around the island the right one then illuminates, then as you turn off the island the left one comes back on again.

I have had cars pull out on me because I am convinced they thought that I had flashed them?

That sounds scary, can you turn them off and have normal lights?

Hi, they are only activated when you turn the wheels at a certain angle, 30 degrees I believe, and turn themselves off over a certain speed so there isn't really any need. I can't see how they can be mistaken really...

Chris

Cornering fog lights. Thats not mentioned in the brochure. Or at least i didnt see it

Cornering fog lights. Thats not mentioned in the brochure. Or at least i didnt see it

They are cornering lights in the headlight unit. They are not cornering fog lights.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club