Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Fitting Fuel Computer To Focus Mk1

jellymonster

Hi,

I was wondering what to do with the useless pocket next to the steering wheel when I came across this:

fuel.jpg

I have a Ford Focus 2003 1.8 TDCI (115ps) Zetec.

Has anyone fitted this before? or know any 'friendly' guides to installing? and what I need to do it?

This is what I have so far:

'unfriendly' guide - http://www.luckyb.pwp.blueyonder.co....too%20comp.pdf

eBay kit? - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus...a#ht_298wt_201

what do you guys think?

Cheers

its easy to do but you need to make sure the wiring is behind the dash first.

It's going to be my new project, easy or not I don't mind.

I just need to know if it will work with the eBay kit?

I've been doing a bit of reading around and it sounds like some cars, mostly earlier models have the wire loom already installed.

you need to remove the dash cluster and look for the plug usually taped up somewhere mostly behind the air vent its hit and miss who has the wires really deends on wether the factory ran out or not

you can pull one of the air vents out to check for the loom, no need to remove the cluster and no tools required. it will be taped to the metal tube behind the dash more than likely.

I ordered a kit yesterday. I'll look for the plug later. If not, I'll be doing lots of wiring >_>

hopefully the wirings there trust me it isnt a simple task to wire this kit in, the multiplug for the computer alone has half a dozen wires linked to various other systems thats why its not retro fit good luck

Computer came today, at 7:35am (which obviously I missed because I was snoring). I'm going to collect it on Monday.

But in the meantime curiosity got the better of me and I thought I'd look at the indicator stork. But could get it out...

I popped the top cover off the steering wheel, pushed the clip at the top right of the stalk, and from my knowledge it should lift straight up.

Am I missing something?

Computer came today, at 7:35am (which obviously I missed because I was snoring). I'm going to collect it on Monday.

But in the meantime curiosity got the better of me and I thought I'd look at the indicator stork. But could get it out...

I popped the top cover off the steering wheel, pushed the clip at the top right of the stalk, and from my knowledge it should lift straight up.

Am I missing something?

yes when you push the clip it should pull right out. have you removed any of the centre vents to look for the wiring?

ok, gave it a bit more force and it came out. Counted the wires.... only 8 =(

Does this mean I can't do it? or I can with a lot of wiring?

If it's possible, had anyone got a guide or something?

8 wires you dont have the wiring fitted then so no you cant do it the wiring runs via ecu etc etc etc not a job that can be done im afraid thats why we told you to look first mate been down that road myself with my old mk1 the loom basically runs into the dash from the main ecu via fuses and relays branching off into ignition wires cutting into the washer electrics and fueling there is no known retrofit other than to strip the car down and i mean strip then fit the whole loom

8 wires you dont have the wiring fitted then so no you cant do it the wiring runs via ecu etc etc etc not a job that can be done im afraid thats why we told you to look first mate been down that road myself with my old mk1 the loom basically runs into the dash from the main ecu via fuses and relays branching off into ignition wires cutting into the washer electrics and fueling there is no known retrofit other than to strip the car down and i mean strip then fit the whole loom

this link seems to think you can do it:

http://www.luckyb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/misc/how%20too%20comp.pdf

is it legit?

Sorry, don't mean to doubt you.

I bought the computer, indicator stalk and surround for £36, so no big loss.

To be honest i can only remember the one way of doing it and im sure the wiring was a mare i remember adding the extra wire to the stalk have u checked the multi plug connectors there yet

Not bad, I installed a computer into my previous car (as in carputer running windows).

I'll see what I can do ;)

To be honest i can only remember the one way of doing it and im sure the wiring was a mare i remember adding the extra wire to the stalk have u checked the multi plug connectors there yet

the ones on the indicator stalk? I will have to add a wire, instructions say from a donor block, I get one from the scrappy.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club