Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

GreggJones

Headrest Dvd Lcd Screen

6 posts in this topic

All,

I have a 2009 SMAX which has a Ford DVD player installed with LCD screens in the headrests.

One of the screens on the passenger side has been damaged and will only display 'fuzzy lines'.

Ford Main dealer is quoting me £1,100 to repair as it comes as a whole unit !!!

I'd like to replace, however is their a cheaper option (such as just replacing the screen) ? If so, where can I get the screen and how do I install ?

This was a ford fitted option and I want to replace 'like for like' and hence do not want cheap 'alternative' screens.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Gregg.

wondering if you could find a tv repair technician who might be able to mend your unit.??

or someone who has a good knowledge of electronics.

Perhaps take out the LCD and see if there are any part number markings on it , you may be able then to get a replacement from Ebay

You may be lucky and it's just the ribbon connector that needs relocating.

Hi Gregg, I had this in my 2008 S max, yes ford wanted £1000 plus, however you can but the screens on their own: just the screens. You need to ask your ford dealer who fitted them as they are all fitted after the car is delivered to the dealership. not at the factory. (now there's a surprise) let me know if you have no luck and i'll see if the firm i used still exists< (you may be too far away ) Good luck.

The Ford dealer asked £1100 that is ridiculous. I advise you to buy a new headrest car dvd and install it by yourself. It won't be too hard. My headrest car dvd only cost me £175, a China made one. It goes well with my car.

JCJC108433-3__17360_zoom.jpg