Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Consumption

Baxty123

Whats the best way to drive a 06 mk6 1.4 zetec fiesta to get a decent miles to the gallon doing a lot of 1st 2nd and 3rd gear driving?

Whats the best way to drive a 06 mk6 1.4 zetec fiesta to get a decent miles to the gallon doing a lot of 1st 2nd and 3rd gear driving?

Just the normal advice for fuel saving:

Drive in as high a gear as possible without over-stressing the engine.

Look ahead and anticipate traffic flow. Do this and you can 'coast' in gear for longer and use your brakes less often.

if you where that bothered you would of got a tdi as the petrol is crap 300 miles to a fuel tank and does not really matter if u drive it like a granny or like u stole it still get around the 300 mile mark

i had the exact same car and i found i could easily change gear at 2000 rpm with stressing the engine and it would quite happily do 30 mph in 4th and would even do it in 5th on a straight , the main thing with eco driving is not to let other peoples appalling driving put you off and also anticipate thing like lights changing to red other car pulling out in front of you ect and then you can dip your clutch and roll and then your driving for free basicly and yes i know leaving it in gear uses no fuel atall but you also get a lot of engine breaking ! so its eaisier to dip the clutch then you can roll for ages ! also 60 mph is your new speed limit never go above it as your car will really start drinking the fuel :) and then the obvious turn a/c off , pump up tyres to 1-2 psi over manufacturer recomondations and free the car of any heavy debris, also more drastic , put mitchelin energy savers on the car next time and a good oil change and airfilter change helps the engine run more economicly.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club