Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Tdci Turbo

young fez

hi guys my seals have gone on my 2006 1.6 tdci turbo so i will have to replace the turbo,does anyone know if the 90bhp turbos are the same as the 109 bhp turbo,also due to the turbo leaking oil is it still ok to drive as there is still plenty of power there,thanks.

With the turbo leaking oil you have the risk of it drying out and eating itself.

Personally i wouldn't drive it but i'm sure someone here with more mechanical knowledge could advise you better.

Hi dont know if this will be of use to you probably a lot cheaper than a new turbo if you or someone you know if competant enough to do http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TURBOCHARGER-TURBO-REPAIR-REBUILD-KIT-GT1544V-FORD-PEUGEOT-CITROEN-/400278965879?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d327c4e77

i am ok with car maintance but i think this kit is beyond me though,but great spot just incase some does fancy having a go.i have located a second hand one so going to fit it then part ex for a petrol focus because this is the second major problem with this car,lovley car but !Removed! engine,never buy a 1.6 tdci again.

Hi, If you drive it too much the oil will go through to the DPF and mess that up!! I have just replaced my turbo! Not cheap! And replaced my DPF, again not cheap!! I would just get the turbo done ASAP.

We all have Garrett turbos in our cars using PSA engines. The code for the 90bhp turbo and the 109bhp is different so it might have a different blade for example. So, you can't use it as a bolt on, you would need to modify it a bit.

If you take your turbo out of the car make sure, before you put it in that :

1. The rod that works the variable geometry is cleaned

2. The sieve found in the hose after turbo is clean

3. When you put the turbo in get it cleaned.

4 Optional : You can tune you turbo by getting a new 2.5 size blade instead of the default 2 size blade. That would instead need a bit more calibration but it fit in the turbo chamber perfectly.

I know i forgot to tell you something ... but ... :P i'll remember

Hi, If you drive it too much the oil will go through to the DPF and mess that up!! I have just replaced my turbo! Not cheap! And replaced my DPF, again not cheap!! I would just get the turbo done ASAP.

Sell your car mate, it's on its way out, I replaced DPF and turbo, with pick up pipes, oil feeder pipes, EGR - and the engine still cooked the lot - seems if it's gotten far enough to need them replacing it's shagged

Sell your car mate, it's on its way out, I replaced DPF and turbo, with pick up pipes, oil feeder pipes, EGR - and the engine still cooked the lot - seems if it's gotten far enough to need them replacing it's shagged

Bit drastic that !! lol

trust me lol

Bit drastic that !! lol

trust me lol

@ Antifaith

Why sell a car that would run at least 400k miles on the same engine and components ?

I had a 1.6 euro3 no DPF 1.6 tdci 109 bhp before and it ran for 440k miles, company car. Nothing changed on it but consumables, and cleaned turbo and egr for a few times. That was all. So, leave you sarcasm somewhere else. These are some of the most reliable engines you can find on this price range (i am talking about 1.6 and 2.0 tdci engines made by PSA-Ford). A good engine is also the fiat multijet found on fiat, alfa, opel and so on.

BTW the car still runs ;)