Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio Removal Help Plz

busajohn

Hi e everyone ..i need help plz... i have a new shape 57 plate mondeo ghia ..and want to remove the radio which is sony 6 disc,, i have a parrot bluetooth and need to get to the wires behind the radio but not sure how to remove it any help plz..Thanks...John

Hi mate,

Does the radio have small slots top and bottom in the corners?

Maybe it looks lkike this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MONDEO-SONY-6-CD-PLAYER-CHANGER-CODE-HANDBOOK-/290673116411?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item43ad77c4fb

I know this is not the same radio as yours but just to illustrate the slot location.

radio1.jpg

If so you need 4 keys to do it.

key1.jpg

They slot in with the flat part of the handle facing outwards and will click into place.

Once in place, the keys only come out when the radio is fully out, you need to put pressure on the springs to disengage the keys.

If the radio is this style then the fascia unclips from around the radio and there is four screws which will be very obvious.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Sony-6-CD-MP3-Head-Unit-Code-and-Manual-Mondeo-/170786942055?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item27c3b1ec67

On the back of the radio is the aerial connection - easy pull off plug and a quadlock - flip the small catch in the bottom of it and pull the large arm up

images2.jpg

Of course please be sure you have the radio security code before disconnecting anything and remember to reconnect the aerial too.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club