Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mist Washer Jets

salsheikh

is the spray pattern adjustable on these as i would like the mist to hit a bit higher on the windscreen.

No, they are not adjustable. If you put a drop of a glue at the bottom of the nozzle it will do the job.

img0018ui.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Even at motorway speed mist reaches top of the windscreen.

Blooming good idea.

So simple yet so clever.

Give that man a coconut. :D

• Like 1

If you find this idea useful better send me a beer, pm me for delivery address :lol:

It will also help to reduce washer fluid marks on the bonnet, but the best thing to do is to use 2 non-return valves. I was sick of cleaning the bonnet, now I have no marks at all.

It will also help to reduce washer fluid marks on the bonnet, but the best thing to do is to use 2 non-return valves. I was sick of cleaning the bonnet, now I have no marks at all.

If you can show me the non return valves and where you got them then it's probably worth a beer. :)

I used original Vauxhall non-return valves from Vectra B:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a689bbf82

They are cheaper on eBay, good quality, can recommend. There are also some cheaper fiat valves or universal ones, but they are not that good and some of them restrict too much the flow of fluid.

Pop up the bonnet, remove the mat.

1001803q.jpg

Take washer tube off the jet and connect the valve. Remember about the direction of flow, it is marked on the valve. Use piece of tube to connect valve with jet. Two valves give best result - one in front of each jet.

1001805.jpg

1001806.jpg

Photos by Czari. Used fiat panda non-return valves.

You do exactly the same in case of heated jets.

If we are talking about it it is worth to say about third non-return valve - at the back of the car for rear window jet. If you fit it washer fluid starts flowing immediately, not like without the valve - after few seconds, when rear wiper is making second run.

To fit it open the tailgate, at the top you will see rubber seal with washer tube running through it, remove it, cut the tube somewhere between rear jet and the seal and connect the valve. Put the valve inside the tailgate, fit the seal - job done.

I can make some photos tomorrow, it's too late and too dark today :P

Dose the one way valve just allow extra pressure to build up so that the washer fluid squirts a little further stopping it from dribbling all over the bonnet?

Marks on the bonnet are caused by washer fluid dribbling out of the jets after you have used them. There is some amount of washer fluid in the tubes and while car is moving it is getting out. Non-return valves do not increase the pressure, they require higher pressure to let the fluid flow, so it happens only when washer pump is working. If pressure drops fluid will not flow any more, so you have no marks on the bonnet. Non-return valves also do not allow the washer fluid to move back to washer fluid container as they don't let air get into the tubes, when pump is not working fluid is still in the tube ready to flow immediately when pressure increases. Funny thing is Ford put one non return valve in the washer system, but as you can see it is not quite working as it should and we have those nasty marks to clean every time. There might remain some small triangle shaped marks on the bonnet in the area between jets and windshield - that is understood, but it looks like drop of glue can help, for some time I have no washer fluid marks to clean.

Hi

Are these mist washer jets different from the standard ones on a focus? , never heard of them before.

thanks , just found the big thread in Maintenance and gone and ordered some heated ones , cant wait to try them out!

If anyone wants non return valves, you can get them from any pet supplies shop as they are used for fish tanks. :)

If anyone wants non return valves, you can get them from any pet supplies shop as they are used for fish tanks. :)

My friend used that kind of valves, but they were no good - fluid pressure decreased too much. As there is many types of fish tank valves it might be the matter of luck. I prefer to use well tested genuine automotive parts in my car ;)

also fish tank valves are used to pass air through and to stop the return of water in the case of a fault on an air pump...so i dont know how they would handle with the constant fluid being passed through the valve... may have no difference what so ever but its worth a thought...

+1 to pidu i think id prefer something designed for cars

• 1 year later...

Could somebody post a link to the hose they used to connect the non return valves to the jet, i bought 4mm dia stuff off eBay but it seems to loose a connection, so i figured someone on here could give us a nudge in the right direction,

Ta very much,

I was looking at quotes recently, one dealership came back and said that a pair of mist and heated jets was just under £22.00 think the valves were about a fiver.

I was looking at quotes recently, one dealership came back and said that a pair of mist and heated jets was just under £22.00 think the valves were about a fiver.

Which dealer? The heated ones used to be something stupid like £4 each, but I can't find them for less than £25 the pair now :(

Ford Retail Limited: part number 1423953 - £21.19.

He does state the price of the "washer jet" and not "jet's" so I hope thats a pair!!!

• 3 years later...
On 2/24/2012 at 8:51 PM, Pidu said:

No, they are not adjustable. If you put a drop of a glue at the bottom of the nozzle it will do the job.

img0018ui.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Even at motorway speed mist reaches top of the windscreen.

This picture wont load, anyone got another they can upload?

Pidu posted the image 5 years ago so obviously the link is dead.
Tbh I have tried Sugru which is like blu-tac that sets into a solid rubber compound.
A dob at the bottom of the slit in the nozzle will push the water stream higher.

Sent from my SM-G930F

to be honest they look rubbish going off youtube vids of fords mist washers

certainly not worth the faff of resealing them or trying to get them seated at a certain angle.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5azq82MZiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rldViEKQyn8

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club