Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Mk2 Focus

MrGrumpy

This is my car, I've had it since September of last year and love it!

I'm in to modding my car, and have currently not done a lot but i have plans to do stuff pretty soon, also have a few mods to be fitted.

DSCN0030.jpg

DSCN0031.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

Currently have LED sidelights, MTEC bulbs all round front, figuring how to fit my rear footwell lights, have some lwoering springs waiting to be fitted, will be buying a milltek exhaust beginning of next month, along with a K&N 57 induction kit. i have some colour coding to be done to the fog light covers and brows, im looking into buying the MS design lip kit and an focus ST spoiler.

im looking at buying new wheels, possibly Mondeo Zetec or ST220 or maybe Focus ST wheels but its getting a bit too common if im honest. the only other thing im wanting to do next is tint the windows

have done a couple of interior mods, which is a Richbrook gear knob and some Aluminium heater knobs.

So thats my Foci, hope you enjoy. comments welcome.

And please move this post if its in the wrong place, thanks :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

little update, fitted some new headlights.... :D

had some trouble to begin with but soon sorted.

heres how it went

Headlight removed

IMG_0046.jpg

Found this connector taped up.

IMG_0047.jpg

Which funnily enough fitted here (my stock headlights didnt have a plug, obviously)

IMG_0048.jpg

so, swapped bulbs over and re fitted the headlight. and got this

IMG_0049.jpg

with a bit of force, I managed to move the lens to the right so it faces straight

IMG_0050.jpg

compared to the stock headlight

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

Went to fit the other side and found this plug. anybody got any ideas to what it is?

It sits directly under the headlight

IMG_0053.jpg

How she looks with both fitted

IMG_0054.jpg

as you can see, it got dark pretty quick and I was relying on the street light

We have light!!

IMG_0055.jpg

And as you can see in the above pic, the headlight positioning is way off with the headlight i had problems with

IMG_0056.jpg

turns out that the bulb was in upside down :(

haha now sorted

IMG_0057.jpg

looking good there fella, well done for taking the job on! well worth it.

Looks good, maybe the little wiring connector is for something that would have been an option when the car was new. Who knows, but I do like the new headlights.

EDIT: Ooops forgot you'd said you've had the car since last year :blink:

Hi,nice car

That picture second from last with you inside the car looking out , the headlight on the right is slightly lower than the left , is it meant to be like this , I only ask because its the same on my focus , I've always presumed its like that so the right light does not shine into oncoming traffic as much?

thanks

The headlamps are meant to point down a certain amount and also slightly to the left. They check on the MOT by parking the car in front of the box thing (don't know the name lol) and adjust if need be.

Sometimes you'll see French or Italian cars with orange things stuck on the headlight units and that's to help refract the light to the left as they are pointed slightly to the right for use on their roads.

My old Punto was exactly like this and the right hand side dipped beam was pointed down more, whereas on my Fiesta it's not as visible. I think it depends on who's adjusted them on the MOT (if they have been adjusted). Nothing to worry about anyway, only if people are flashing you it means you're dazzling them but any MOT garage can adjust them for you if you are worried :D

EDIT: Or to adjust them park up against a wall lol, but probably not the best way!

The headlamps are meant to point down a certain amount and also slightly to the left. They check on the MOT by parking the car in front of the box thing (don't know the name lol) and adjust if need be.

Sometimes you'll see French or Italian cars with orange things stuck on the headlight units and that's to help refract the light to the left as they are pointed slightly to the right for use on their roads.

My old Punto was exactly like this and the right hand side dipped beam was pointed down more, whereas on my Fiesta it's not as visible. I think it depends on who's adjusted them on the MOT (if they have been adjusted). Nothing to worry about anyway, only if people are flashing you it means you're dazzling them but any MOT garage can adjust them for you if you are worried :D

EDIT: Or to adjust them park up against a wall lol, but probably not the best way!

good to know , mine are fine then it seems! :)

that connector could be the connection for the Auto-adaptive lights...you know the ones where they turn when your going round a corner etc.

hi

What lights are they ??? you didnt say

Jamie

firstly thanks all for the comments!! :D

the connector under the passenger headlight i believe is to be for washers?

the headlights are the ones with the AFS (Adaptive front lighting system) they are genuine Ford projector/directional lights, and the second plug the 3rd pic down is for the adaptive lighting, but to get this working i need about £450 because i need the steering sensor, another thing and the ECU needs to be updated..

in the pic 2nd from bottom - the reason the beam is pointing down to the ground is because i put the bulb in upside down...

These were VERY hard to get hold off and it took me months.. but as soon as i bought one side I had to buy the other... they were really expensive thought

I'm liking the headlights too... what's the next thing on the list mods wise?

im glad you asked :D

next up, will be to fit the Eibach pro lowering springs, and once recieved fit my Milltek sport exhaust :D

And, in no particular order

18" alloys, Mondeo ZS/ST or just follow suit and get a set of Foci ST wheels

MS design lip kit

ST spoiler

Tinted Windows

Some coilovers ( I think i may want to go lower, but will see how she is once i get the springs on)

Rear footwell lighting

ST Cloth Recaro's - Blue trim

Upgrade front discs and pads, possible rear disc conversion

Also want a Enclosed induction kit, something like the Pipercross Viper ;)

Had one on my MK1 and loved it,

I like your thinking! Mods like that compliment the car nicely... Be warned though mate... browsing this site WILL cost you money! I've done nowt but spend since i started up on here! B)

Are you petrol or diesel?

Ive been careful so far, and not gone too mad.. With my MK1 I went crazy and spent a huge amount of money and when it came to sell up, well i wasnt happy with the return.. so lesson learnt.. i think :D

thanks though ;)

its a 1.6 Ti-VCT, so packs a good old punch above 2500-3000.. not as much as the bigger engined models but good enough for the 1.6 :D

ill give u some advice the viper kit doesnt help this car a panel filter does. viper kit wont work with the current air intake that runs from the lower grill up to the rear of the box i tried the viper and got flat spots with a cold air feed. the kandn was better but even with a shield there was too much heat soak so kandn panel it is with heat reflective tape used inside the airbox.

personaly the st things been done to death and the insurance will rocket to the point you would be better with the st.

the springs i removed just to hard on poor roads coilovers can be done just be aware the heatshield sits lower the exhaust so lower gradualy .

Thanks pal.. thats good to know. It worked a treat on my MK1 1.6.. what panel filter do you recommend? its annoying being restricted to only certain induction kits as we have the Ti-VCT engine.. unless you go into a custom one and start hacking away at the air box and stuff..

thanks for the heads up on the springs.. but funds were limited so i got the springs instead of buying the coilovers.

I know what you mean about the ST thing.. but it still works :)

Will have to find out if my premium will rise, when i fit the springs and exhaust.. ill query the other plans too, and see how muhc it affects it.. being with a insurer which doesnt like car modifications though is a pain the backside.

some insurers would class it as an st lookalike and put it a few brackets below an st.

the roads round my way are atrocious thats why i had the eibachs removed.

puma build do custom air filters for the ti vct but they are extortionately priced i have k n n panel filter having had other types on old cars i find k n n the best.

you will get the viper kit in but the cold air feed can only go down the right hand side ducting that is the current air feed, not easy even then the feed gets squashed or you get an intake pipe then a rubber coupling then an elbow then another coupling then a straight section and have the filter down real low where it can get wet.

to be honest yamaha developed the ti vct and spent a lot of time getting the air intake right to work with the variable timing and apart from the sound these kits rarely give gains the best option is ford approved the mountune kit that ive got kn panel filter with the samco induction hose 72 quid for both or the hose is 52 panel 34 seperate thats a 2 to 3 bhp gain tested

Hi,

like the look of the car !!

regarding your projector headlight that you have fitted, does the up / down function work? I mean when you load the boot of the vehicle

some insurers would class it as an st lookalike and put it a few brackets below an st.

the roads round my way are atrocious thats why i had the eibachs removed.

puma build do custom air filters for the ti vct but they are extortionately priced i have k n n panel filter having had other types on old cars i find k n n the best.

you will get the viper kit in but the cold air feed can only go down the right hand side ducting that is the current air feed, not easy even then the feed gets squashed or you get an intake pipe then a rubber coupling then an elbow then another coupling then a straight section and have the filter down real low where it can get wet.

to be honest yamaha developed the ti vct and spent a lot of time getting the air intake right to work with the variable timing and apart from the sound these kits rarely give gains the best option is ford approved the mountune kit that ive got kn panel filter with the samco induction hose 72 quid for both or the hose is 52 panel 34 seperate thats a 2 to 3 bhp gain tested

Hi,

like the look of the car !!

regarding your projector headlight that you have fitted, does the up / down function work? I mean when you load the boot of the vehicle

the headlight leveling? no, it worked on my stock lights but not on these.. they have to be done manually and leave them set, I never have any heavy load in the car let alone in the boot..

I think i have a way round it to make them work but im unsure currently so ill get back to you on that

Ok, to get my headlights to work properly as they should... I need

a module 1671604 @ £229.70

Steering wheel sensor 1371763 @ £190.55

ECU update

Why oh why, did i think this would be just as easy as Plug 'n' play

Ok, to get my headlights to work properly as they should... I need

a module 1671604 @ £229.70

Steering wheel sensor 1371763 @ £190.55

ECU update

Why oh why, did i think this would be just as easy as Plug 'n' play

as far as i am aware the ECU update for the headlight can be done by purchasing a ELM and following Pree's fantastic Guide, because the Xenon lights is a feature that can be activated through the elm software, so i assume this is the option that makes them operate in the sence of turning wiith the wheel.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/31287-guide-for-focus-mk2mk25-c-maxkuga-elm-327-cable-and-ff2-program/

I can't comment re: the hatchback... But i'm well impressed with the Eibachs i had fitted to my estate Focus! Very almost as compliant as the standard springs, but with a lower stance, and improved handling to boot B)

And even better... I got the springs from my local ford dealer! Even cheaper than Eibach direct! How does that work? :P

as far as i am aware the ECU update for the headlight can be done by purchasing a ELM and following Pree's fantastic Guide, because the Xenon lights is a feature that can be activated through the elm software, so i assume this is the option that makes them operate in the sence of turning wiith the wheel.

http://www.fordowner...nd-ff2-program/

Ill order the thing from eBay on payday and see how it goes :)

I can't comment re: the hatchback... But i'm well impressed with the Eibachs i had fitted to my estate Focus! Very almost as compliant as the standard springs, but with a lower stance, and improved handling to boot B)

And even better... I got the springs from my local ford dealer! Even cheaper than eibach direct! How does that work? :P

Im hopefully gonna fit mine within the next couple of weeks, my spring compressors arrived yesterday, I just hope i can do it without going to a garage to get it done.. have my uncle helping us out as he is more mechanically minded than my self :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club