Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Mk2 Focus

MrGrumpy

mountune kit hose and filter http://www.mountunes...e-Induction-Kit

Thanks.. I did look on their website and see that one but wasnt 100% about it due to it being for the Fez.. but considering its the same engine I dont see why it wouldnt fit.. and as you have it fitted to yours its on my To-Get list ;)

headlight update...

Right, I managed to set the height of the beams out.. just a matter of a couple of plastic bits on top of the unit which move it up and down and left to right.. so i wound them right up so they both sit level, and made them both sit central... so now i find out if what ive done has worked or ive moved them too high so they dazzle other drivers (hope not)

Only thing left to do now is find out if i have the Adaptive lighting loom inside the cabin.. as i was told just because i have the engine bay loom, its possible I wont have the other... but surely I would have.. wouldnt i?

the headlight leveling? no, it worked on my stock lights but not on these.. they have to be done manually and leave them set, I never have any heavy load in the car let alone in the boot..

I think i have a way round it to make them work but im unsure currently so ill get back to you on that

i have got the same projector headlight. The headlight levelling does not work either. I have got plastic halen keys instead under the bonnet. i have never adjusted them though.

i have got the same projector headlight. The headlight levelling does not work either. I have got plastic halen keys instead under the bonnet. i have never adjusted them though.

Yes, those plastic allen key bits is what positions the light.. have you got a pic with yours fitted? do they fully work?

Thanks!

Whats the light output like? I've currently got MTEC bulbs which are a bit poor.. was thinking off fitting a HID Kit and then swapping over to my standard lights when MOT time comes.. unless someone can suggest some decent bulbs with a nice out put.. I had Xenon Max bulbs previous but one has blown so i cant fit them now :(

The light intensity is rather disappointing. I did not open to check the rating of the bulbs. My wife's micra K11 gives better light, i am serious.

Should you find a decent bulb, can you let me know?

the original zetec lights give better light thats why i hate projectors they are useless

the original zetec lights give better light thats why i hate projectors they are useless

they may not give as much light as the conventional headlight, but they are much better looking !!

As a matter of fact, when I purchased the vehicle (2nd hand from Dees), i was offered the option of changing the lights to the conventional ones. I declined.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread and will probably start my own topic on this, but just thought I'd jump in here whilst it's being discussed.

I have the adaptive projectors in mine also. Had 'white' bulbs in my Mondeo and preferred the colour and light output was fine, but when I put them into the projectors they were like the proverbial 'candle in a jam jar'. Went with some costly Halfords ones then which were on BOGOF, but they only lasted 6 months and I'm back to standard bulbs now.

Can anyone confirm if xenons would be a straight plug and play replacement or is there any re-wiring required. Alternatively, has anyone fitted a HID Kit into these to get a better light output but retain the cool cornering function?

I'm not a fan of dazzling HID kits (and have never fitted one before), normally DIY fitted with no regard given to levelling them or the effect they have on other road users when poorly aligned, but I thought they might work well in projectors. I know for MOT purposes about the requirements for washers, self-levelling etc, but would probably swap out for that as long as when fitted they didn't blind oncoming traffic.

The light intensity is rather disappointing. I did not open to check the rating of the bulbs. My wife's micra K11 gives better light, i am serious.

Should you find a decent bulb, can you let me know?

Will do, Currently im looking at buying Ring xenon Max 120% bulbs had them in my MK1 with Hella projectors and they looked the dogs!

they may not give as much light as the conventional headlight, but they are much better looking !!.

What the guy above said, much prefer the look of the projector

Sorry to hi-jack the thread and will probably start my own topic on this, but just thought I'd jump in here whilst it's being discussed.

I have the adaptive projectors in mine also. Had 'white' bulbs in my Mondeo and preferred the colour and light output was fine, but when I put them into the projectors they were like the proverbial 'candle in a jam jar'. Went with some costly Halfords ones then which were on BOGOF, but they only lasted 6 months and I'm back to standard bulbs now.

Can anyone confirm if xenons would be a straight plug and play replacement or is there any re-wiring required. Alternatively, has anyone fitted a HID kit into these to get a better light output but retain the cool cornering function?

I'm not a fan of dazzling HID kits (and have never fitted one before), normally DIY fitted with no regard given to levelling them or the effect they have on other road users when poorly aligned, but I thought they might work well in projectors. I know for MOT purposes about the requirements for washers, self-levelling etc, but would probably swap out for that as long as when fitted they didn't blind oncoming traffic.

I had the MTEC bulbs in the standard lights and the output was ok...

Xenons wont be plug and play as such.. you can fit them but for them to fully work they need to be rewired as the stock connector wont function.. as far as i know, and you will need the ballasts and DS2 bulbs.

As for HID kits, I dont know of anybody who has done it with these headlights, but If i dont get the light output from the Xenon Max bulbs then I will fit a HID Kit and do as you said, swap over when MOT time comes around.

The cornering function doesnt work on mine, as they were not standard fitted.but I could get them to work if its possible using Pree's guide on the ELM software to activate them, but that being said im unsure if i have the loom in the cabin, i know i have it in the engine bay.

The HID Kit wont dazzle on coming drivers as long as they are set up properly, I dont see it being a problem with interfering with the cornering function as thats seperate.

whats the point in looking better if you cant see well with them each to there own personally i think they look wrong on the car also projectors dont use standard hid kits from what im aware a hid bulb wont fit into the housing without touhing or almost touching the lens causing a lens burn out so you will need to chop upo the lenses with a dremel to make the bulb connector sit further back an hid bulb is about double the length .

my opinion is based on the fact i have had them previously and the light output was poor regardless of what bulbs i tried and most bulbs burned out pretty quickly as stated 6 months or so some even less probably the reasonyou were offered standard is most cars that had them changed to the standard as they have far better light output but its down to each individuals taste.

whats the point in looking better if you cant see well with them each to there own personally i think they look wrong

If the headlights were a boob job i cant say id agree with you mate, ;)

but good lighting is important,

any new mod tips lenny?

not at the momment im still at the drawing board,

im fitting a DRL automatic dimmer to the st pod gauges tomorrow,

sounds like you could really use a holiday though mate, B)

Apologies for taking this slightly off track chaps... I was plagued with bulb failiured on my focus till about 6 months ago... It turned out my battery was knackered, i've not had a bulb let go since the new battery was fitted... Previously, on one occasion i fitted a new bulb that didn't last till the end of the same night! All the bulbs did a "slow blow" ... (black on the inside) Apparently, a low current builds up carbon deposits on the bulb filament, which then blows slowly taking the filament out with it...The low current was down to the knackered battery drawing more than the alternator could put out...

Fitted LED strips to the interior door handles today

IMG_0104.jpg

the passenger side doesnt work, although it did before i fitted the handle surround back in..

Ill resolve that tomorrow

the door handle leds add a nice touch to the inside and very cheap to do

lenny a holiday you must be jolking im doing 196hrs a month and a bambino due around november and those are just normal hours no overtime

• 3 weeks later...

Nice looking motor, I have a Focus the same colout but in saloon.

Does your Focus have auto headlights when its dark etc?

Nice looking motor, I have a Focus the same colout but in saloon.

Does your Focus have auto headlights when its dark etc?

Wezzy its Tommy from Focusowners :D

Yes, I have Auto headlights :D

Wezzy its Tommy from Focusowners :D

Yes, I have Auto headlights :D

I see, how much did the lights set you back?

I see, how much did the lights set you back?

About £70 roughly.

• 3 weeks later...

Gave Gypsy the full works (sort off) yesterday

Rinsed

Washed with Turtle Wax Shampoo (just because i have 4 litres off it :P and it has a nice smell :lol: )

Clayed with Meguiars quik detailer kit

used the Meguiars 3 stage gear. Paint cleaner, Polish and Carnauba Wax

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0185-1.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

And this morning I fitted something new ;)

Before

IMG_0193.jpg

During

IMG_0191.jpg

After

IMG_0189.jpg

Im looking in to re locating the 12v power socket next to the Heated screen switches :D

Next up, another new rear splitter :D soon to be delivered

Cracking job.

To fit the flap did you have to remove the fascia and switch panel?