Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have A Guess At What Sort Of Service My Focus Needs

irl-06lx

Ok folks as the title says, I'd be grateful if some of the more knowledgeable folks out there could have a stab at what might need to be done on my car

Details

2006 Ford Focus 1.4 Lx (Petrol)

56874km

Bought in December

No service history (elderly man died and they can't find book, so it may have fsh)

2 owners before me

I'd guess it might have had at most 2 services in its life, but thats just a guess

Getting about 31mpg which I believe is a bit low for the model.

Any and all thoughts appreciated.

Yes your MPG is low for a 1.4 petrol, my 1.8 petrol 2008 gets 40MPG on a long run on A &B roads, motorways would be better.

I would get a full major service then you would know that it is all up to date.

i wouldnt say its that low the 1.4 is notoriously underpowered and struggles which was why it was eventually dropped altogether and all reviews point to the fact its the one to avoid and since it struggles it will need more revs and use more fuel.

the cars combined mpg is 43 the 1.6 is 42mpg combined so 31mpg isnt that far off to be honest

To be fair, 12 miles of per gallon is pretty bad. Even if that's just a guide, say 8mpg more is still far better

the fiesta uses the same engine real world mpg is 33.3 mpg thats a smaller lighter car the real world figures from what mpg for youre car are 32.1 mpg the ford fusion 1.4 again the same engine actual figures 32mpg again smaller and lighter you will never achieve the kind of mpg youre asking for simply because the engine cannot cope well with the weight of the car it uses far more to get going and more to keep it moving you may see 1-3mpg increase after a service but not much more than that im afraid.

the combined figures are done on test tracks and in labs in specific conditions which is why no car achieves what it claims so 43 will never happen unless youre in a laboratory where they do the testing to work out the mpg

If you dont know what to do - do a full major service!

basically, you can get everything replaced, get the car to full health, and that way you save yourself too many problems wondering what if, and when...

easy to say but i cant just drop hundreds on the car

If you don’t do a full service it could end up costing you more in the long run.

Hi

Why ask us what service the car needs.

We have made a suggestion which is better for your pocket in the long run

The Car will run more efficiently with fresh fluids, Plugs,Filters etc etc

If you didnt know the history why buy a car that might need the full works (service wise)

Rant Over :angry:

Jamie :ph34r:

you can buy a service kit from eBay with 5l of ford oil oil filter air filter and pollen filter which is easy to do youreself in the drive and is pretty much a full engine service for around £50-60

Agreed, my comment wasnt so much "go pay Ford hundreds of pounds", but get the service done, even if you replace the parts yourself then that will give you experience of learning about your car, and also, you can get the parts at the best / most realistic prices.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club