Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Diesel Focus - Lack Of Power

thenthornthing

My goodness those pedals do make a lot of noise when wound backwards. :P

Don't worry nathan, we all do things which we wish we didn't.

You should see the state of my last work car - shot to pieces (as in suspension, wheels and gearbox ruined).

It had a hard life - nothing to do with the fact it was a Vauxhall (spit). :rolleyes:

Lol ya, certainly regret that one.

Ah but at least you have an excuse as to why your cars break, and you don't need to pay for a new one :)

OK, because the car is under warranty still I'm going to take it back to where I got it from today and see if they will find and fix the problem. After looking and cleaning the wheel this morning, there is the minutest of scratches - so i've come to the conclusion that my "bump", "crash" or "accident" is definitely not the cause, though it may have helped it along!!

I looked and felt around the pipe (which was broken off) this morning and it's hard to actually see in it anyway but I couldn't see anything or feel anything abnormal.

Will let you all know what happens.

If it’s still under warranty, yes take it back and don’t mention the crash.

If it’s still under warranty, yes take it back and don’t mention the crash.

Well they say any "engine and gearbox" problems, and the turbos part of the engine so I hope so. No I won't mention that.

Yep, they should fix it, it is an engine fault.

Yep, they should fix it, it is an engine fault.

Yup

UPDATE:

Took the car this morning, they asked to to take it to the mechanics they use (on our way home so no problem) anyway, mechanic diagnosed it as the turbo being the problem so that (and the broken pipe) is all being fixed now. And all under warranty so I don't need to pay a thing :)

Cheers guys, will let you know when it's done

Great news, that must be a load off your mind.

Take care,

Great news, that must be a load off your mind.

Take care,

Yep, definitely so! :) Thanks

Great result Nathan, likely that problem was already existing when you got the car but just waiting to surface.

Great result Nathan, likely that problem was already existing when you got the car but just waiting to surface.

Thanks. Ya I reckon so. My bump I think was really a blessing in disguise as it brought it up before the warranty expired. :) Ta Paul

Good result - just mind them kerbs. :D

Haha, ya. Ta :)

Just as an update, hopefully I should have my car back at the beginning of next week. They had problems ordering the turbo.

Get them to do a forced regeneration - if your turbo hasn't been performing well of late, especially if in regards to split pipes / bearings, your DPF won't have been regenerating, this can lead to the car needing a new engine as was my case - forced regen cost me £20 from a ford dealers, get it done son!

It all seems to be going wrong :(

Apparently the turbocharger finally arrived earlier this week, but it was the wrong one! So am stilllll waiting on it :(

Out of interest, you're not obliged a courtesy car as standard are you whilst warranty work is being carried out? I'm guessing not, but worth a try!

Get them to do a forced regeneration - if your turbo hasn't been performing well of late, especially if in regards to split pipes / bearings, your DPF won't have been regenerating, this can lead to the car needing a new engine as was my case - forced regen cost me £20 from a ford dealers, get it done son!

The 1.8tdci does not have a DPF ( one of the reasons I got the 1.8)

Too flamin' right, i did my homework too.

I'm sure it's a Peugeot thing.

Right, finally got my car back today!

All sorted now, thanks for all the help on here!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club