Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Home Safe Lights

the jbib

Hi all,

I've recently bought a Mk2.5 Zetec 1.6 tdci. I'm really pleased with the car, chuffed to bits with it, however, I can not seem to get the 'home safe' lights function to work. I have looked in the manual and it gives direction to activate the function by pulling the indicator stick towards the steering wheel but it doesn't seem to work on mine. As the the manual is rather generic covering every spec from Style to RS, is it possible mine does not have the funciton? Like I said it's a Zectec spec, and it does not have automatic headlights.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

when you turn the car off if its the same as mine pull the main beam on and get out the car lock it as normal within 30secs the light will fade out but you do this after you remove the key from the ignition

From another site;

Does anyone know whether the focus has the option so that when you unlock it by remote the sidelights come on and then when you get in the car and shut the door they go off.

I believe the mondeo does this but not sure about the focus.

I'm not sure whether it is called headlight courtesy delay or not, I do however know about pulling the headlight lever back when the ignition is off and when you have left the car they will go off after 30 seconds

Like most things ford it will likely require a 60 quid relay then the dealer cost to activate it i cant see it being impossible ill ask the dealer when i visit tomorrow

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club