Share Your Car Experience
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Andrew Barke

Mk3 Footwell Lights

16 posts in this topic

Hi All,

about to pick up my new focus (1st March) and was wondering if its likly to have the hidden footwell lights like my current mk2.5?

thanks

Titanium has footwell lights yes - not sure what you have.

If the lights don't appear to light up, it might be worth sticking a couple of bulbs in the bulb holders anyway to see if they come to life... Plenty on here have simply fitted the bulbs into empty holders and they have worked a treat... ;)

Did your Zetec have these Andrew? Anyone else with a Zetec/Zetec S MK3 know whether there are footwell lights?

Thanks,

Mike

Nope, my Zetec certainly doesn't have them.

I know with the MK2/2.5 some cars had the bulb holders in place, and by merely inserting the bulbs you got footwell lights! I've looked on both the driver and passenger side on my MK3 several times but to no avail, so either Ford have got wise to it or they hidden them really well...

My Zetec S doesnt have them, titanium did, ambient lighting.

No, my Zetec S doesnt have them :unsure: Cant find any bulbholders anywhere either; just a rectangular frame of plastic which i assume are for LED ones to fit onto! :angry:

Yes mate the plastic frame dose hold an led strip. Take the cover off and see if there is a two prong connector, that is what I have when I take the led out, question is can anybody tell me the reference for the light as its only 8watts and fancy something a little brighter.

Sorry scratch that it's a white connector about 7mm wide 15mm long, has three wires going into it.

Did your Zetec have these Andrew? Anyone else with a Zetec/Zetec S MK3 know whether there are footwell lights?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, no mine didn't have them, but to be fair the overhead light is bright enough to see something down there should it be dropped

Gonna make you all jelous now but look what I've been up to :P front foot-well lights was already in place and today I spliced the rear foot-wells to em

DSCN0593.jpg

No, my Zetec S doesnt have them :unsure: Cant find any bulbholders anywhere either; just a rectangular frame of plastic which i assume are for LED ones to fit onto! :angry:

i have done a guide on fitting footwell lighting to both front and rear footwells in the focus mk2.5

but the main interior courtesy light and loom for the interior light is the same on the mk3 focus so if you click on the footwell lighting guide in the list below, you can view the guide which includes links to purchase the specific bulb sockets for the front footwells to fit the existing socket frames.

aswell as cable reference and links to all equipment required.

also available to download as PDF

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/34704-guide-fitting-footwell-lighting-to-your-ford/page__fromsearch__1

Cheers Lenny!

i'll have a fish around together with your guide and see what i can piece together, choosing what colour lights will take me long enough! :rolleyes:

not blue lol i was told by the ford guy that its not the same for the mk3 as its all wired into the dash options ie you can switch lights on off etc and in that respect it may work but if it causes any damage on there own head be it but they thought and stated they may be wrong that there was something extra electronically in the titanium to make them work i dont know how much truth there is to it but the guy did say the mk3 is far more integrated than any of the older models

I've heard a rumour that the wiring and LEDs are in place for ambient lighting in the roof around the sunglasses holder, you just need someone with the know-how to activate them ;)