Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Footwell Lights

Andrew Barke

Hi All,

about to pick up my new focus (1st March) and was wondering if its likly to have the hidden footwell lights like my current mk2.5?

thanks

Titanium has footwell lights yes - not sure what you have.

If the lights don't appear to light up, it might be worth sticking a couple of bulbs in the bulb holders anyway to see if they come to life... Plenty on here have simply fitted the bulbs into empty holders and they have worked a treat... ;)

• 5 months later...

Did your Zetec have these Andrew? Anyone else with a Zetec/Zetec S MK3 know whether there are footwell lights?

Thanks,

Mike

Nope, my Zetec certainly doesn't have them.

I know with the MK2/2.5 some cars had the bulb holders in place, and by merely inserting the bulbs you got footwell lights! I've looked on both the driver and passenger side on my MK3 several times but to no avail, so either Ford have got wise to it or they hidden them really well...

My Zetec S doesnt have them, titanium did, ambient lighting.

No, my Zetec S doesnt have them :unsure: Cant find any bulbholders anywhere either; just a rectangular frame of plastic which i assume are for LED ones to fit onto! :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes mate the plastic frame dose hold an led strip. Take the cover off and see if there is a two prong connector, that is what I have when I take the led out, question is can anybody tell me the reference for the light as its only 8watts and fancy something a little brighter.

Sorry scratch that it's a white connector about 7mm wide 15mm long, has three wires going into it.

Did your Zetec have these Andrew? Anyone else with a Zetec/Zetec S MK3 know whether there are footwell lights?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, no mine didn't have them, but to be fair the overhead light is bright enough to see something down there should it be dropped

Gonna make you all jelous now but look what I've been up to :P front foot-well lights was already in place and today I spliced the rear foot-wells to em

DSCN0593.jpg

No, my Zetec S doesnt have them :unsure: Cant find any bulbholders anywhere either; just a rectangular frame of plastic which i assume are for LED ones to fit onto! :angry:

i have done a guide on fitting footwell lighting to both front and rear footwells in the focus mk2.5

but the main interior courtesy light and loom for the interior light is the same on the mk3 focus so if you click on the footwell lighting guide in the list below, you can view the guide which includes links to purchase the specific bulb sockets for the front footwells to fit the existing socket frames.

aswell as cable reference and links to all equipment required.

also available to download as PDF

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/34704-guide-fitting-footwell-lighting-to-your-ford/page__fromsearch__1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Lenny!

i'll have a fish around together with your guide and see what i can piece together, choosing what colour lights will take me long enough! :rolleyes:

not blue lol i was told by the ford guy that its not the same for the mk3 as its all wired into the dash options ie you can switch lights on off etc and in that respect it may work but if it causes any damage on there own head be it but they thought and stated they may be wrong that there was something extra electronically in the titanium to make them work i dont know how much truth there is to it but the guy did say the mk3 is far more integrated than any of the older models

I've heard a rumour that the wiring and LEDs are in place for ambient lighting in the roof around the sunglasses holder, you just need someone with the know-how to activate them ;)

• 4 years later...

Wonder if this ever got sorted as i have a zetec s and i have managed to get hold of the single colour led with holder plugged them in but they do nothing.

The footwell lights need to be configured in the Central Car Configuration of the BCM. If not configured there will be no power to the footwell lights.

The footwell lights are activated by changing parameter #216 (Aesthetic Lighting) of the Central Car Configuration to value 04 (Single Color LED). After activation there will be power to the footwell lights. It also activates a setting inside the instrument cluster menu to switch the footwell lights on/off.

• 4 weeks later...

This MkIII has the slots for the light fittings but despite an extensive search, no wiring.   Solved by taking a supply from the forward roof light without needing to identify wiring colours or break into the loom.  Release the fitting, press and turn the bulb holder to remove, and two small copper strips will appear on opposite edges of the hole, one being +12V, the other 0V.  Very thin wire can be soldered to these, the bulb holder can be refitted, and the wire then routed out under the roof lining, down the A pillar and into the footwell area where the appropriate illumination can be installed.  I have used lengths of led strip cut from a 5 metre roll and attached with contact adhesive.  The wire is then run over to the driver's side and from there to under the front seats to light the rear footwells. 

Hope somebody will find this useful.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 6/28/2017 at 7:14 PM, JW1982 said:

The footwell lights need to be configured in the Central Car Configuration of the BCM. If not configured there will be no power to the footwell lights.

The footwell lights are activated by changing parameter #216 (Aesthetic Lighting) of the Central Car Configuration to value 04 (Single Color LED). After activation there will be power to the footwell lights. It also activates a setting inside the instrument cluster menu to switch the footwell lights on/off.

Hi, 

I've enabled the ambient light, but I have no power in the 3pin connector, do you have the pin out for +12v and ground? 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 1/24/2021 at 1:07 PM, Szabiszi said:

Hi, 

I've enabled the ambient light, but I have no power in the 3pin connector, do you have the pin out for +12v and ground? 

Did you ever solve this? Or can anyone help - have turned it on but no power to either of the 3 pin connectors on my Zetec Focus. Hoping it's a programming fix using Forscan instead of having to pull power from somewhere else.

• 7 months later...

Hi ive just got a mk3 zetec navigator model and I can't see any footwell lights at all in my car ? Can anyone help?

Chris

Not a difficult thing to fit. They can be wired on to the courtesy light circuit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club