Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb connection new fiesta

knighton

Hey guys.. I've had a ford fiesta for 8 months now and have been battling for a usb pen drive to work on my Fiesta LX (new shape)... When i plug in the pen drive the power to it works as the light flashes on it although when pressing the AUX Button multiple times as suggested in the manual, none of the files/folders are coming up.

The pen drive itself has only one FAT32 partition (SANDISK Cruzer Micro 8GB). I have tried multiple flash drives in all different sizes/brands. The dealership since the last time i brought it in has asked me to upload songs to the pen drive using Windows media player sync. This still is not working. The format of the song files are MP3.

Ive also tried the standard process of adding files to the flash drive by just copying and pasting.

I've also tried creating just one folder on the pen drive with only 2 songs in it. Still nothing!

The guys at the dealership have asked to me bring it in two times so far and i have. The last time they said that they needed a whole day to look at it, which they did and only updated the software to it.

Does anyone have any other valuble suggestions, would be great!!

I use Sandisk Cruzer Micro 2GB pen drives in mine (2009 Fiesta Titanium) with no problems - I've heard of people experiencing difficulties with large capacity pen drives though as you say you've tried a variety of drive sizes.

I "rip" my CDs using Windows Media Player (into a folder with the CD name) at either 256kbps or 320kbps & then copy & paste each folder (with its contents) from my PC on to the pen drive. I haven't tried using the pen drive in the car without placing the music files in folders.

When using the pen drive in the car, it's important to insert it when the "AUX" source is not selected (or alternatively you can insert when the radio's turned off). I then press the "AUX" button once only to select the pen drive - after a second or so ("USB Initialising" on the display) it will start to play the first track in the first folder & I then use the big swivel type knob control (above the volume knob) to navigate between folders & tracks.

Anyhow, that's how mine works - assuming that you've tried all of the above then maybe you have a faulty stereo?

I use Sandisk Cruzer Micro 2GB pen drives in mine (2009 Fiesta Titanium) with no problems - I've heard of people experiencing difficulties with large capacity pen drives though as you say you've tried a variety of drive sizes.

I "rip" my CDs using Windows Media Player (into a folder with the CD name) at either 256kbps or 320kbps & then copy & paste each folder (with its contents) from my PC on to the pen drive. I haven't tried using the pen drive in the car without placing the music files in folders.

When using the pen drive in the car, it's important to insert it when the "AUX" source is not selected (or alternatively you can insert when the radio's turned off). I then press the "AUX" button once only to select the pen drive - after a second or so ("USB Initialising" on the display) it will start to play the first track in the first folder & I then use the big swivel type knob control (above the volume knob) to navigate between folders & tracks.

Anyhow, that's how mine works - assuming that you've tried all of the above then maybe you have a faulty stereo?

Yeah thanks for that.. Tried all the above as well.

Nevermind I guess I just need to wait till they fix it then.

It looks like its faulty!

• 3 months later...

Yeah mate keep us posted as my usb port has already broken due to the infelxibility of the ford ipod cable. Thankfully it only takes about 10mins to fit a new usb port.

• 1 month later...

• 9 months later...

My local dealer's service dept (in Soton)had a look at my 59-plate 1.6 Titanium today. Their diagnostics said that the software on my stereo needs updating, although I'll now have to book in into another branch (Eastleigh) for this... meh!

In the meantime I've just seen this dinky 8gb flash drive on Play.com which looks ideal for those of us with USB ports... especially if they work!!

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/14366695/-/Product.html?opFR=true

In the meantime I'll just have to make do with running my mp3s from my phone through the Aux headphone plug. Not good if you want to change tracks and have to rummage around trying to control the phone :-(

My local dealer's service dept (in Soton)had a look at my 59-plate 1.6 Titanium today. Their diagnostics said that the software on my stereo needs updating, although I'll now have to book in into another branch (Eastleigh) for this... meh!

In the meantime I've just seen this dinky 8gb flash drive on Play.com which looks ideal for those of us with USB ports... especially if they work!!

http://www.play.com/....html?opFR=true

In the meantime I'll just have to make do with running my mp3s from my phone through the Aux headphone plug. Not good if you want to change tracks and have to rummage around trying to control the phone :-(

I've got one of those USB drives in my car..it works really well and because it's so small its quite discreet as well :) I would recommend at that price!

I've got one of those USB drives in my car..it works really well and because it's so small its quite discreet as well :) I would recommend at that price!

Probably I should get also a small one, so I don't risk to break a bigger one...

• 2 weeks later...

i have a 2011 zetec s and my 4 gb stick works but has stopped a couple of times saying cannot read files i also bought a 16 gb stick but will only work with a couple of albums on i contacted my dealership when it stopped working fpr them to fix it but the next time i jumped in my car it worked again strange.now do i let the dealership get there hands on my prided and joy or do i wait and see if it does it again, mmmmmm

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club