Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb

Zathros

The Titanium X should have the USB but it is not always mounted.

There was another post a while back i believe that stated the connection is taped up outside the glove box to the left.

You can purchase the USB socket from Ford and it fits into a push out hole in the glove box.

Just connect the wire and away you go.

Quote from post -

Hi

I have a 2010 Mondeo Titanium X and had the same issue, Even though advertised in the spec I only had a 3.5mm aux with the sony head unit and the USB was blanked out, However bluetooth worked with my iPhone 4. sales staff at ford garage useless. asked a guy in the Parts dept for a solution. He kindly told me that the USB plug is part of the standard wiring loom and as such is behind the glove box. The USB socket was £2.70. I removed the glove box and found the USB plug neatly plugged into a blanked point on the left side of the glove box. I cut out the blank clipped in the USB and attached the plug. Connected my iPhone and perfect now I have integrated iPhone.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

I have just took mine out to see. The wire is there clipped into the side of the box. So is it a trip to fords for the USB connection?

Also the glovebox has 2 x 10mm bolt screws inside the box in the top.

Also can I ask, I have The Titanium x 2008 with 6 disc changer and phone buttons but no voice control stalk. Do I still have bluetooth?

I have just took mine out to see. The wire is there clipped into the side of the box. So is it a trip to fords for the USB connection?

Also the glovebox has 2 x 10mm bolt screws inside the box in the top.

Also can I ask, I have The Titanium x 2008 with 6 disc changer and phone buttons but no voice control stalk. Do I still have Bluetooth?

Possibly not, if it's fitted then theres a module above the golvebox. Does the phone option appear on the convers+? With regards to the USB, the 08 won't have the right module as the USB runs of the bluetooth module, the USB port on it is only for updating the bluetooth. So you'd have to replace the module, it also depends on what headunit you have, you'll need one with firmware 05-04-02 (press 1 & 6 to see details), if not it needs a new headunit, the DAB headunits usually work. However, it needs to be from a Mondeo to work with the bluetooth/voice control, the Focus ones do not work. The part number you'd need is 8S7T-18C939-xx, so it could get expensive! If you don't have bluetooth and voice control, then worth looking at the denison gateway to add USB (about £130), if your car does have bluetooth the dension disables it.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the reply. I have removed the glove box again just to confirm the connection in question is there. I have a small Black with red insert connection in a blank on the left of the glove box. I have taken a picture of it and will try and upload it somehow. I have 6 disc changer Sony HU with converse + I know I don't have voice activation and I don't have phone function that's ok. I have a parrot installed. I just want my phone on the car system :/

This is the connection I have in the blank on the left side of my glove box?

post-33302-0-82325200-1350930538_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea what this is then? It was in the blank on the left of my glove box.

I have also found 2 quite large connections behind the dash above the glove box. I can only assume that's where the bluetooth fits? So frustrated. I could buy a newer mondeo just because my phone won't connect ha ha