Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch & Dmf Change

Shaun1973

have bought everything to change the clutch & dmf but have no idea on how to do it, if any can provide a step by step guide on how to do it i would be greatly appreciated or even better i live in Weymouth (dorset) and would happily pay some-one to help me. many thanks for any replies in advance :)

A haynes manual will give you a bit of info and what to expect. I cant really see there being any how to guides on the forum for this though. is this for the st170?

Be methodical about what you do, take pics before you start and as you go, paper tags are good for identifying plugs etc and freezer bags are good for keeping bolts together so you can write what they are.

contacted haynes and they said their focus manual bared no ressemblence to st170 and i really havent got a clue on how to as im not that mechanically minded but i really want to learn how to, just need some help in the right direction but thanks anyway stef and yes it is a st170

Do you know if the subframe has to be removed to do the clutch on the st170?

I've just done the clutch on my partners car for her, the front pipe of the exhaust now needs sorting but it's a subframe off job which makes it a bit of a DIY nightmare so ive opted for taking the engine out. I grudge paying someone money to do mechanical jobs lol.

It's a shame your so far away, another project is just what I'm after lol

The sub frame has to come out but it sounds worse than it is not the sorta job you can without a car lift

Depends what part of the country your in but i got a quote to do the DMF, new clutch and hydraulic bearing thingy for £495!! that's right £495 and that was with a 2 year guarantee. My car is a 2.0 TDCI 6 speed

got a quote of £230 to fit it but would really like to do it myself, just need a bit of advice or some help