Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav Acting Strange

Sara Fiesta

The sat nav has started to announce road warnings when the radio is on, it will tell me the road I'm travelling on and if the road is narrowing anyone had this, I can't see how to switch it off?

I don't think you can turn this off, mine does it.

It still provides traffic warnings in your direction of travel even when no route is planned on the sat nav.

Have you tried going back into the navigation and clearing your route?

Have you tried going back into the navigation and clearing your route?

It does it even when you have no route planned, it's like TA on the radio but in the sat nav voice, e.g. if you are on the A61 it may say "A61 Narrow Lanes Ahead". I think it's a good feature.

Yes your right even if you've not set a route it will announce the road and a hazard ahead. I've had the car a month and never noticed it before?

I can see that that would become a bit of a pain after a while.

I can see that that would become a bit of a pain after a while.

Doesn't happen that often. As the previous post stated, they have had the car a month and not noticed it before.

Is there no way to turn it off in the settings on the Mk3 ?

On my mk2.5 it does not announce traffic unless i press the traffic button after i have started the car , and it will onlt do it if i press the traffic button so its not on by default on the FX model in the Mk2.5.

I do like the feature though and mostly forget to switch it on

It's a completely different function to the RDS Traffic announcements from the radio. Those can be turned on/off either via the TA button on the radio alpha numeric keypad or in the sat nav traffic settings.

But it seems this 'strange' feature cannot !!

It's a completely different function to the RDS Traffic announcements from the radio. Those can be turned on/off either via the TA button on the radio alpha numeric keypad or in the sat nav traffic settings.

But it seems this 'strange' feature cannot !!

I was not reffering to the TA for the radio , on the FX model there is a Traffic button which then announces via satnav if your approaching problems , it is not the TA function , when your not using the satnav you can still use the Traffic function switch and the same satnav voice is used.

Thanks Preee. I didnt know I could use that function without the Satnav on.

Thanks Preee. I didnt know I could use that function without the Satnav on.

I only found out one day when i was sat there bored waiting to pick my daughter up from work , did not think it did anything until i moved on and it warned me on an accident as i passed the motorway junction.

Traffic button on the sat nav, I don't remember seeing one, I'll have a look in the morning.

Hi Sarah, see page 286 & 293 of your manual. But I'm not sure if it turns off what you are referring to0..

Chris

Traffic button on the sat nav, I don't remember seeing one, I'll have a look in the morning.

If you have the radio display on and traffic programs are available the radio displays 'TP' at the bottom of the screen. If you then press the 'TA' button on the keypad you see 'TP' 'TA' at the bottom of the screen. You will now receive radio broadcasted traffic bulletins which interrupts what you are listening to.

When you have 'TA' displayed if you press NAV>TRAFFIC you will see then screen I have attached, so the 'TA' button mentioned previously, also checks this box in the sat nav menu. If you uncheck the box, the 'TA' disappears from the bottom of the radio screen defaulting back to just 'TP'. This function whether it be switched on/off via the keypad or through the sat nav menu is only relative to radio traffic bulletins.

The function that you mentioned at the start of the thread, as far as I am aware cannot be disabled. But there are no references to this in the already mention (in other threads) vague manual.

post-22744-0-49854000-1330857171_thumb.j

post-22744-0-31728700-1330857179_thumb.j