Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Quotemehappy

SportyChick

Hi,

Is anyone using these guys for insurance? I know they are part of the Aviva group & an online agent but just wondered if anyone had any comments/review of their service.

Thanks

I have found no matter what car I've had or how much NCB I've got, aviva have quoted me RIDICULOUS!! never seen a quote below £1k from them but there is many factors to insurance quotes so for other they may be very competitive.

I've not heard anything bad about their actual service though and being a member on many car forums I'd have thought I'd heard something by now.

I'm guessing they have given you a good quote? If not try the price comparison sites, through gocompare Tesco are doing discounts on fully comp insurance if you provide your clubcard number.

hth.

I'm using these guys, I was insured last year on my Punto with Admiral as they offered the best price, but come renewal when I had the Fiesta they quoted me £800, I am 24 (25 in November this year) and have been driving four years as of Feb 29 this year, one years NCB. No accidents points etc. I was sure that was too much considering I paid £1100 for the first year, so we called Admiral and they brought the price down to £750. Still sure I could do better I checked with one of the comparision sites and quotemehappy.com were the best deal - £535 for a 10-month bonus accelerator to (touch wood) give me another years NCB in the 10 months. They're all based online and I uploaded proof of my NCB online which is nice and easy, can't fault them so far. If you do make a claim, there's a number to phone. But they were the best deal for me and I assume one of the reasons is that they're based online and don't have a number to phone for a quote etc.

Sorry for the life story lol but these guys seem great so far!

@Shifty, that sounds great you've got good prices with Aviva, working against me is living close to a council estate, and although there's nothing wrong with that, it's a rough one (again, nothing wrong with that, it's only certain people but the insurance companies don't see it that way). I think the expression is the 'postcode lottery' :D

Aviva have no/limited UK call centres so good luck if you have a claim.

No claim bonus accelerator are great but most other insurers won't accept it as valid no claims discount so your stuffed if there renewal is high next year.

Defiantly give Tesco a ring an give them your club card number. They knocked £180 when we gave them our clubcard details.

Have to say I have been using accelerated NCB over the last 5 years, and had no problems at all, I stacked up a shiny 3 years NCB, and then lost it in my accident a year or so ago, now just building it up with more accelerated, not found anyone who had a problem yet!

Tesco insured me for my first 2 yrs of driving at very reasonable price but recent quotes are quite frankly absurd.....8 yrs NCB, no accidents, no points, with a clubcard & still over £150 more than QuoteMeHappy and with higher excess.

QMH also don't charge £15-30 admin fees for changing policy details.

Have decided to give them a go. Will have to grin n bear the foreigners if I do make a claim. Thanks for the advice guys.

Aviva have no/limited UK call centres so good luck if you have a claim.

No claim bonus accelerator are great but most other insurers won't accept it as valid no claims discount so your stuffed if there renewal is high next year.

Defiantly give Tesco a ring an give them your club card number. They knocked £180 when we gave them our clubcard details.

Not the case anymore. Everything customer facing for Aviva is in the UK now in Norwich, Glasgow and Leeds I believe... or something similar with the 2 northern ones.

I've been with Aviva for 2 years and they've been excellent with me.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club