Join Premium & Save
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

markw96

Help With Door Panel And Inner Removal

7 posts in this topic

HI can anyone suggest to me how i remove the inner panel as pictured, i still have 3 screws or what ever they are and they seem to be still holding the panel in place and i have no idea how to get them off?

thanks in advance

IMG_20120303_120636.jpg

Try pulling the inner plug out with a pair of pliers, it looks like the plug is inserted to expand the pegs.

ive managed to get them off now, they push inwards and pop off. I was hoping to take the dorr latch out and replace it but i still cant get to it, looks like i have to drill some rivits out to get the inner panel off, so i give up now im going to have to take it somewhere to be done

IMG_20120303_120631.jpg

Some of these jobs can be a right mare, the inner workings of doors in particular.

Good luck.

Ford saw fit to pop rivet the speakers of all things into place as well as other bits and pieces god knows why

That looks like the inner panel from the mk2 rear door. According to the haynes manual, there are just 9 bolts securing the inner panel, amd 4 bolts securing the lock. The window regulators are riveted, but lock dosnt appear to be...

Front panel :

Hope this helps, You can find a disassemble kit like the one they use on ebay or dealextreme for a few pounds, you you could use a thin plastic blade, or metal blade, just be careful not to scratch your car :)

as an example you could try and buy this : http://www.dealextreme.com/p/professional-repair-tool-kit-for-car-audio-system-8-piece-82033