Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ref Yesterday's Post Fiesta Boot Release

Oldgit1968

Am such a numpty. Took cover off in side boot lid and found it does have boot release fitted but not sure where to start as far as fixing it. Anyone have any ideas ??

Sorry mate but I don't really understand what you're asking? Are you saying the boot won't open?

First place to start is the fuse, after that if there is no signs of breaks in the wires it's probable that the boot lock mechanism is faulty. Does your car have remote central locking?

First place to start is the fuse, after that if there is no signs of breaks in the wires it's probable that the boot lock mechanism is faulty. Does your car have remote central locking?

My fiesta doesn't have remote central locking. Boot opens with key but nothing happens when boot release button is pressed. The button aluminates when lights are on so guessing it has power. Was wondering if it may be the switch itself just finding it hard to diagnose

Boot lock solenoid.

Thanks for that, have read that it could be solenoid. Do you know if easy to replace.

Thanks for that, have read that it could be solenoid. Do you know if easy to replace.

Trim off, remove old, refit new - doddle.

Trim off, remove old, refit new - doddle.

Cheers for help much appreciated

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club