Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2003 Mondeo Tdci Engine Noise For About 5 Mins Then Quiet.

Falcon II

Hi I have just sorted out a injector problem on a car my friend bought.

it had no MOT or tax and needed 3 injectors rebuilding and one just needed a service thank you Just Diesels in newcastle for helping with that.

however we have now MOTed and taxed the car and the engine is quite loud for about 5 miles then it is quieter about the volume you would expect from a diesel mondeo.

this car is the 2003 03 115bhp TDCI engine, with air con, fuel pump is fine no metal in the fuel changed the fuel filter.

anyone know if there is a part that would make the whole engine louder when its just started.

It seems to not be temperature related as it happens when the car has stopped at the shops for five mins. then about five miles down the road the noise stops.

Thanks in advance for any help.

What sort of noise, is it at engine speed or faster, metallic or knocking, some more info would help, its hard enough to diagnose things at a distant, not saying I have the answer but it may help others

Hi it just makes a louder diesel engine noise.

hard to describe it sounds like a old endura de engine then suddenly sounds like a normal TDCI.

eg Normal but louder the noise level halfs after five miles or so.

My mate noticed the noise of the engine and thought it was a little loud when he was brining it home but he noticed a sudden lack of noise and pulled me over to say there's something wrong with the engine its gone quiet. just suddenly while we were a the lights waiting to pull away.

We washed to car quickly just to get rid of the MOT centre dirt then started it again and it was noisy again.

There is a little rattle comming from the aircon pump but this is just the clutch needing a bit of tlc.

• 2 weeks later...

possibly the auxillary belt tensioner. Can you describe the location of the noise?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club