Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Double Din Installation Advice?

Shifty

I'm toying with the idea of fitting a double din dvd/bluetooth/satnav unit into the dash but have read somewhere that the gap isn't big enough to take one.

You can buy a whole centre fascia that has an enlarged slot for a double din unit on eBay but even if I paint it I won't be able to match the wood design that's on the current fascia and I kinda like it. It's the grey wood effect, not the brown type.

Anyway, has anyone taken this on and finished it by modifying the existing fascia? I hate flip up screen units, the flip mechanism inevitably fails so would rather go the harder route and use a double din.

This is what I wanted to fit (I always use Sony)

SONY-XAV-62BT.jpg

Thanks all.

A double din adaptor fascia is easy to get on eBay, there are people that will refinish the fascia to your requirements but the only one i found with casual surfing of the web was in Australia.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CT23FD32-Ford-Focus-1998-2004-Double-DIN-Fascia-Adaptor-Panel-BRAND-NEW-/150743775689?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Cars+Year%3A2001%7CCar+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AFocus&hash=item23190779c9

I'm sure with a deeper search you would find someone a lot closer.

Cheers Stoney, yeah that was the one I was referring to. I know I could save loads of ball ache by buying this panel it's just the trims on the door cards and the gear stick surround all match the current fascia and it would be nice to keep it all matching.

I've made the mistake before of taking a dremel to fascia and ruined it, just thought there might be some little tricks to use the current fascia without !Removed! it up.

You could ask at a main dealer but I reckon either they won't do them - most likely or if they do be prepared to get robbed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club