Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ant Decent Injector Cleaners?

neilcartledge

Anyone know any cheapish injector cleaners?

Bit low on cash due to purchasing my focus on thursday and cambelt change tomorrow , so bg244 is out at the minute, been advised by a fellow forumer not to use redex, so any other decent ones anybody as used and got increased fuel economy/performance etc in the £10 or below price bracket?

Cheers

Looks like your stuck with Redex or Wynns, both fine in my book

Does'nt redex cause more harm than good though? never heard of wynns to be honest

Does'nt redex cause more harm than good though? never heard of wynns to be honest

I used to use and recommend RED-EX but as said already it strips the protective layer of oil from the engine causing premature wear of the internal parts,

so i now use magic bullet, its made using organic solvents that have the same effect of cleaning the engine but not stripping it of oil,

http://remapz.co.uk/BuyMagicBullet.aspx

Ta Lenny, Actually I think if you are doing decent mileages, none are needed, as most fuels these days have lots of additives to keep things clean, When I got this present car I ran BG244 through it and never noticed any difference

Thanks guys

i'm gonna go with magic bullet i think

Do you know if using garage petrol is better than supermarket fuel? i know its a few pence more but if it helps the car its worth it , i've heard bad reports about supermarket fuel

Plenty of debate on that subject.

Do a topic search an read to your hearts content :)

Thanks guys

i'm gonna go with magic bullet i think

Do you know if using garage petrol is better than supermarket fuel? i know its a few pence more but if it helps the car its worth it , i've heard bad reports about supermarket fuel

Not sure what fuel brands you have where you are mate,

but i always use TOPAZ fuel in my diesel focus, apparently its got tecron in it and it costs 2cent more than any other station but i only fill it once a month so i dont mind paying the extra few cents for the good stuff.

although i used tesco fuel for two years in my almera 1.5 petrol and doing 420miles a week at the time and never experienced any problems with it at all,

Wynns is ok and work on NON-tdci engines like your. For common rail engine it's not that good to put any kind of additives/cleaners, If your injectors get dirty an ultrasound bath is the answer and a right calibration after refit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club