Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop Posting Questions In The Guides Section

ajt

Why are questions being left in the guides sub forum. Surely the guides sub forum is intended for guides on how to do things, and not for requests in general. Are any moderators monitoring posts in there? It will become a right mess.

... and whilst I'm ranting can people please use the Topic title as a clue to the contents of the post, "help pls" or "Quick question" just wastes peoples time.

That feels better, ahh.

Can I join in with "please don't post the same question in more than one section"?

Can I join in with "please don't post the same question in more than one section"?

this question was posted by another user in the fiesta section, requesting for the fiesta guides section to be mended,

but this current thread is requesting that the focus section be sorted out too, seems we have to fight our own corner :D

Seconded..., but obviously only in the first instance. ( I wasn't aware this was a borad wide problem, I only live in here and ford chat, sometimes venture into general chat)

Sorry for the delay in cleaning up the guides section. This has now been done, and have posted a sticky at the top to warn members before posting.

I like this forum and people here but unfo there is one fact about it - mess. The same questions repeat all the time (instead of using search option or continuing former threads), users post in guide section (it was cleaned yesterday and it happens again), some threads should be moved to guide sections, other should be closed and removed / deleted, some topics should be separated from main threads as guides etc. It would be nice to have moderator that would take care only for focus section to keep it tidy.

We have discussed the idea of having moderators specific to ear section - but my gut feeling is that it won't work any more efficiently.

It seems to me that the mods have off and on times, as is inevitable with a voluntary position. We'll be around for a week or two, and then be away from the boards for a while. Generally it always works out that at least one of us is working the boards on a regular basis. If we were each only responsible for part of the board, the rest may quickly get neglected.

I know what you mean, but this is large forum and requires a lot of effort and time to manage it. Maybe it would be good idea to nominate additional mods for specific sections only? It would be easier for them to manage threads properly, as you are not able to read every simple thread that appears here.

Just a thought.....

When FOC added the guides forum, we moved the most popuar guides into the new forum, if we have missed any please do tell us which ones they are, and we will happily move them over. As you said, we cannot read every post/topic members post.

The active mods on the forum do a good job, however it seems we only have (at best) 3 or 4 active mods.

We will never be able to fully stop members posting repeat questions, nor will we be able to fully stop members posting question topics in the guides forum, unless we fully close the board. But this is not the way forward.

I requested a while back regarding a Stcky List for the MODs section , basically a list of all the MODs in the section in a list.

Regarding the people asking questions in the MOD section , i think people have an idea of what the what to MOD but then think that they need to place it in the MODS section to find out if anyone knows how to do it.

I think the New Sticky should help clear some of that up .

When FOC added the guides forum, we moved the most popuar guides into the new forum, if we have missed any please do tell us which ones they are, and we will happily move them over. As you said, we cannot read every post/topic members post.

The active mods on the forum do a good job, however it seems we only have (at best) 3 or 4 active mods.

We will never be able to fully stop members posting repeat questions, nor will we be able to fully stop members posting question topics in the guides forum, unless we fully close the board. But this is not the way forward.

Thankyou.