Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 2.0 Tdci Starting Issues (41000 Miles)

sparkymark75

The past few weeks, I've had the odd occassion where my car hasn't started. It will turn over but not catch. After 2/3 attempts it then fires up. Other than that it appears to run fine. The times this has happened, it's usually been when the car's warm.

However this morning, I got in the car to go to work and the car did the same from cold. It turned over for a few seconds on the first try and then started on the second go.

Once it started, again it appeared to run fine. There was no smoke out the back but there was a smell (presumably diesel?) once it started.

Any ideas what it could be? It seems to be getting progressively worse with no pattern that I can see.

Hi possibly the glow plugs how long does the glow plug light stay on for or does it go out almost instantly.

Hi possibly the glow plugs how long does the glow plug light stay on for or does it go out almost instantly.

It goes out almost immediately or after about 1 second at most.

I would try changing them first not that dear but look a bit of a pain to get at have to take the scuttle panel off and you will see the conector loom running at the back .is it a bit lumpy when it does fire up from cold .

Are you aware of any guides for changing them, specifically this engine? This is my first diesel car, I'm ok with petrol cars.

Hi there not difficult just need the correct depth deep reach socket just do one at a time reconnect the loom then the next . found these on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370592280076?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 hope this helps.

Hi there not difficult just need the correct depth deep reach socket just do one at a time reconnect the loom then the next . found these on ebay http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649 hope this helps.

I'm sure I can probably change them, once I know where they are in the engine!

Hi remove the wipers and the two scuttle panels remove the egr valve and it,s cooler and directly below you will see the four glow plugs linked by a loom just like removing and replacing a spark plug then nut on top to hold loom is usually an 8mm i think the plug is a 10mm hope this helps

Hi remove the wipers and the two scuttle panels remove the egr valve and it,s cooler and directly below you will see the four glow plugs linked by a loom just like removing and replacing a spark plug then nut on top to hold loom is usually an 8mm i think the plug is a 10mm hope this helps

Thanks, bit more involved than I was hoping for but needs must I suppose. Although the car has been starting ok the past day or so so I'll keep an eye on it.

Glow plugs still run on even after the light goes out the lights just and indtication

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club