Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

mikester

Can You Remove Only The Mirror Glass?

4 posts in this topic

As title, I want the glass out but can this be done without disassembling the side mirror unit as a whole?

I'm tempted to just pull and see what happens but I don't want to risk damaging the heating elements or the motor...

Could have just asked me seeing as I've actually done it :P

Adjust the glass so the biggest end is all the way in and the smallest side (furthest from the car) has the biggest gap and you can see behind it. Then you need something flat to ease in the gap between the back of the glass and the clips holding it in.

Also be careful as there's 2 wires connected by spades on the back for the heated glass.

Could have just asked me seeing as I've actually done it :P

Adjust the glass so the biggest end is all the way in and the smallest side (furthest from the car) has the biggest gap and you can see behind it. Then you need something flat to ease in the gap between the back of the glass and the clips holding it in.

Also be careful as there's 2 wires connected by spades on the back for the heated glass.

Thanks Nath.

The glass deffo comes away then?

Yes I've swapped mine out when fitting powerfold mirrors.