Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf Delete On The Cheap < £1 - Experiments

ajt

Right from vosa mot guide for light vehicles chapter 7.1 reason for rejection-4 a catalictic converter missing where one was fitted as standard not dpf this can be found at the vosa sight under guides

Guys, deleting DPF from ECU is one thing, and that may cause problems just because it's not that easy. Meaning that it is not 100% accurate. Most "tuners" don't do it right and because of that you will have problems. The topic here states that : you are not doing anything to the ECU. You are just lying to it :) by emulating the the pressure in the DPF sensors. This is something that i have on my car for a while with no bad consequences, no smoke, no problems. It is the safest way to go in my opinion. I know there were some schematics somewhere on our local forums and I've been struggling to find them with no luck it seems. Also take into consideration that diesel fuel has changed a lot, less sulphates, meaning less emissions and also less lubrication of the engine, a bad thing actually but this is another story.

Emissions rules :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_emission_standards

As Angus said, you can get a failure for a missing component, unfortunately removal is a risky option.

AJT, please dont let me stop you, I just wanted to make sure that you picked up on the problems I came across looking into it. Certainly if you learn how to fix this and people can keep their DPF's without costing a fortune, then it will be beneficial to everyone, but I just wanted to point out what is out there, and frowned upon.

Certainly good luck for it, I am looking forward to your findings of a cheap fix that will save everyone with a damned pile'a filter a fortune!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

AJT.

I can see where your coming from and your thinking, the tricking the ECU. it makes sense, if the resistor values are correct then its as if the car never runs so the sensors don't soot-up so no regen required. How did you arrive at the resistor values and to what sensor do you connect each resistor.

Mores to the point have you managed to make it work on your motor yet.? :)

Hi All

AJT.

I can see where your coming from and your thinking, the tricking the ECU. it makes sense, if the resistor values are correct then its as if the car never runs so the sensors don't soot-up so no regen required. How did you arrive at the resistor values and to what sensor do you connect each resistor.

Mores to the point have you managed to make it work on your motor yet.? :)

No offense meant, but you have missed the point completely.

There is nothing wrong with my dpf, I am just trying to be pre-emptive. If the dpf soots up beyond what a regen could rescue then there are two options, remove or replace (or third involving jet wash and carb cleaner).

The removal option is very expensive, with the ECU requiring reprogramming and if you believe all the hype it is so complicated that only a NASA engineer could possibly do it, and if you get a cowboy to do it, then your car WILL blow up with you and your family in it! So you need to pay hundreds of pounds to get it done by a "qualified expert". At this point, I think just sticking a little resistor network into the DPF pressure sensor plug (after dpf removal/drilling etc) would fool the ECU into thinking the DPF was fine. It would also not do any more regens, as the pressure would indicate that it wasn't sooting up.

..Replace. The price of dpfs seem to becoming down considerably, so when the time comes I will probably try to clean mine out( jet wash /strong cleaner) and if that doesnt work then replace it. The trick is not to have too many regen failures, as this will turn on the MIL light, which I believe is a dealer only reset (but don't quote me on that).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Do you have any updates on this experiment? has it been successful, it's something I would like to try but just wondered how you got on.

I managed to get rid of my DPF without any problems whatsoever..........................I sold the &#33;Removed&#33; car hahahahahahahahahaha.

Do what I did folks. Buy an older diesel and and enjoy driving. YEEEHAAA.

• 11 months later...

One year on, and youy are going to love this, hahahahaha.

MY DPF HAS ALREADY BEEN REMOVED (discovered when fixing broken turbo).

So my experiments cannot continue, no wonder I couldn't force an error. I still have the little resistor network plug sat in my cup holder slot.

• 7 years later...

The resistors required for the ECU Sensor Hck are available online at onepdeals only their shipping is about a quid for a few resistors and not the usual 4.95 rip off.  You can buy them there and the do Led's or they used to, as individual pieces for a few pence each.  it was either 1p or onepdeals.co.uk.  My brother did his Peugeot with them and it cost him about £3.00.  They do paypal as well.

His Peugeot is running fine and he doesn't get the light on any more.

I was looking for someone else and noticed this thanks guys. Jim