Sara Fiesta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Name: Sara
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.6 TDCI
  • Year: 2012

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hi Guys, Its been a month now with my new car, I've done 1100 miles and I'm finding the first gear very sluggish, it's seems you have to slip the clutch to get a fast get away otherwise it seems to lack power as if the turbo doesn't come on I thought it was because it was new but it hasn't improve much anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers,
Sara. :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,006 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

with it being a 1.6 diesel i would imagine its down to how the gearing has been set up from the reviews it was a gripe about the car along with the gearbox and the fact it could do with 6 gears rather than 5

#3 eddiestopa

eddiestopa

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Name: Aidi
  • Ford Model: 54 Focus 1.6 TDCI
  • Year: 2004

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

I dont know why you have to do that sort of thing Sara. Mine is a 1.6 diesel, it is different to petrol but I am more used to the lack of power at 2nd gear pulling out of a roundabout. It is an enjoyable car to drive 100k+ miles later....

#4 Sara Fiesta

Sara Fiesta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hi Guys, thanks for the comments, it's only 1st gear that seems lacking in power all the others pull great, 1st seems not to have much power like its being held back sort of??

#5 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium X
  • Year: 2011

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

with it being a 1.6 diesel i would imagine its down to how the gearing has been set up from the reviews it was a gripe about the car along with the gearbox and the fact it could do with 6 gears rather than 5

Gripe ? What Gripe ?? 1.6 TDCi is 6 speed, or at least mine certainly is.

#6 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

Hi Guys, thanks for the comments, it's only 1st gear that seems lacking in power all the others pull great, 1st seems not to have much power like its being held back sort of??

Hi Sarah, can't say I have noticed the same issue. I have 18,000 miles on now and have no gearbox related concerns.

#7 Sara Fiesta

Sara Fiesta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:10 AM

Hi Sarah, can't say I have noticed the same issue. I have 18,000 miles on now and have no gearbox related concerns.

Could be me and to only having 1100 miles, just seems like you need to give 1st more accelerator to get moving? How you finding your mpg now mine about 44-45ish?

#8 cuke

cuke

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:01 AM

Hi, yes you need to have more mileage on the car however this is something that has been reported before with the 1.6 diesel engine in the Mk3, thus the advice given by Mk2-2.5 isn't really helpful as the engine is different. The 1.6 in the Mk2-2.5 is 16 valve and the one you have is 8.
Did you contact your dealer about the pump recall, you do really need too. On another forum there are also reports of a recall to have an exhaust blanking plate replaced on the 1.6's, apparently there is a possibility of exhaust gases leaking out.
Chris

#9 Sara Fiesta

Sara Fiesta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:51 AM

Hi, yes you need to have more mileage on the car however this is something that has been reported before with the 1.6 diesel engine in the Mk3, thus the advice given by Mk2-2.5 isn't really helpful as the engine is different. The 1.6 in the Mk2-2.5 is 16 valve and the one you have is 8.
Did you contact your dealer about the pump recall, you do really need too. On another forum there are also reports of a recall to have an exhaust blanking plate replaced on the 1.6's, apparently there is a possibility of exhaust gases leaking out.
Chris

O that's interesting, recall I not received any letters regarding this? Can I just call my dealer and ask them to check if it's been done?

#10 cuke

cuke

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

Hi Sarah, I'd contact them about both recalls if I was you..
Chris

#11 Sara Fiesta

Sara Fiesta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

Hi Sarah, I'd contact them about both recalls if I was you..
Chris

Ok I'll call them now.

Cheers,

Sara :)

#12 cuke

cuke

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

Hi, lets us know how you get on. If the first dealer you ring says no recalls then you could try another for a second opinion..
Chris

#13 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

Could be me and to only having 1100 miles, just seems like you need to give 1st more accelerator to get moving? How you finding your mpg now mine about 44-45ish?

My fuel computer was on 47.1 over approx 5000 miles but I reset it 750 miles ago and is now an indicated 52mpg. It was around 54 for a while but I have done some round town driving last couple of days. But I have drove it like a granny at times to achieve that.

#14 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

Chris

Would this normally be on Ford Etis ?

#15 Sara Fiesta

Sara Fiesta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

My fuel computer was on 47.1 over approx 5000 miles but I reset it 750 miles ago and is now an indicated 52mpg. It was around 54 for a while but I have done some round town driving last couple of days. But I have drove it like a granny at times to achieve that.

Great news :-)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users