Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Suspension Creaking

stevestr

Hi All

I have had my 2011 fiesta 1.6TDCI Titanium for 3 weeks now,I bought it from a dealer nearly new with 1000 miles on clock.

When i test drove the car i made sure i took it over speed humps to test the suspension and all was fine.

How ever over the last couple of days the car now sounds terrible when going over these speed humps,it's worse than my wifes 2002 corsa.

I don't go fast over them and the only thing thats changed since the day i got it is it's rained for the first time since owning car.

Any ideas car booked in with dealer to check it out on wednesday.

Hi,

Our 2009 1.6 Zetec tdci fiesta also has this creaking suspension problem, it's been back to the garage twice and they say they can't find any reason for it, I must say that for us it always seems to be in cold weather that you can hear it, when it's a bit warmer then you don't hear it at all.

Good luck at the dealers. I hope you get a better response to the issue than we did.

the creaking could be coming from one of the many suspension bushes

mine creaks in cold too

very annoying

Car has now stopped creaking so have cancelled dealer appointment.After doing a search it seems other makes of cars also have noisy suspension when it rains.Like my car again at least in the dry :D

Yep, mine does too, only on the drivers side though.

Both my Fiesta and Focus do it, especially with those nasty black and yellow rubber speed humps that are all over the car park at work... I reckon it's a normal noise, but still take speed bumps really slowly anyway.