Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Air Ambulance

falcorob

I've lifted this from a bike forum I frequent but figure there will be loads of people on here who, like me, know someone who is now only around because of the sterling work that the folks of the Air Ambulance do. And for those that don't then consider any extra money we can get for them as a potential life insurance premium.

"Please may I bring to your attention a petition to encourage the Government to exempt Air Ambulance services from duty on the fuel they use, in the same way as the Lifeboats (RNLI) are exempt.

If we gain 100,000 signatures, Parliament is duty bound to debate the issue - currently we have over 15,000 signatures.

Thank you for your support for this magnificent volunteer funded service."

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/29349

Many thanks

Rob.

I recently was involved in the response to an injured motorcyclist. as a First Aider, I helped support him after a van pulled out and forced the rider into his offside front wing, the biker ended up injured, with suspected serios injuries, leg damage was minumum, damage to his spine was a good probability. They called the air ambulance even though it was in the middle of town. With a very quick response, and an experienced crew onboard, you cant fault their speed and abilities, and certainly their contribution. They arrived within a few minutes of dispatch, and with a doctor on board, got the treatment the motorcyclist needed.

I'm the average Joe, but trained in first aid, and an incident like that shows you that had he been on a rural road / village, he would have needed the air ambulance, as there is very little chance that the "truck" ambulance would have arrived on scene in a timely fashion. He was in shock and heading towards hypothermia, and if that incident happened out of town, he could have ended up in a much worse state.

I am definiately heading out 110% to sign this petition. Even if you dont know of anyone who has ever needed the air ambulance, this petition will save lives, be it in the middle of nowhere, or the middle of town, so I urge everyone to sign this, and pass it on to as many as you can! they really do make a difference, and if they can save the fortune of fuel duty, they can invest in more of these crews, and who knows... one day they could be saving YOU!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club