Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Annual Service

MisterC

Hi,

I would like to share my experience with my Ford dealer concerning the annual service and would like to obtain your opinion.

I purchased a Fiesta Econetic from my dealer on 28/12/2010. Technically, my 1st annual service is a year after (I did not reach 12,500 miles after 1 year). However, I was on holiday on 28/12/2011 and was only able to bring my car to the dealer for servicing on 20/01/2012. I asked for them to perform a 1st year service but when I got my car back, I saw that they did a 2nd year service (based on the invoice and the checklist). Also, in the service booklet, they placed the stamp on the 2nd box leaving the 1st box blank.

When I called to ask the dealer about it, I was informed that since I did not bring my car for service in 2011, they treated it as a 2nd year service. But I was just 24 days late!!!

I asked them, "What if I decided to sell my car in the future and the buyer, after seeing the service booklet, asks me why I did not have my 1st year service?", the dealer just said that I can go to their office and they can put a stamp on the 1st box of the service booklet.

Also, the next service as indicated in the invoice will be on 20/01/2013. Here in Luxembourg, we are only provided with a 2-year warranty. Does this mean that if there are major parts to be replaced on 20/01/2013, the warranty will not cover it? Can I still bring my car for the ACTUAL 2nd service on 28/12/2012?

and get your book stamped for the first year service. when you get the second service done, get the dealership to change the date on the service book.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club