Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

MIKE_UK_1983

Ford Fiesta 1.4 Tdci 2005 - Mpg

3 posts in this topic

I have recently purchased a 2005 1.4Tdci and I am finding the mpg I am getting is very poor compared to the ford guide.

I previously drove a 1.4 Petrol Zetec and was gettiong about 48 mpg on my journey to work which is mostly motorway and some a roads.

The new car is getting about 55mpg at best. I am not driving this car any differently, I do not accelerate hard and keep to 70 mph.

I wondered if anyone else had similar problems or knows why this is. Is there a reason why this is? Could there be a problem with my car?

Also while doing 70mpg on motorway there is some vibration/movement in steering wheel. Is this normal?

Thanks

Mike

do a full service including oil change, oil filter change, air filter change and spark plugs, fill up with bp ultimate for a couple of tanks with redex diesel injector cleaner and take it to the red line a couple of times a day for a week when at full temperature, check tyre pressures are 1-2 psi over stated. all of this will completely clean the engine out wich will make it run far more efficiantly.

also with the vibration , get your car lazer tracked and all 4 wheels balanced.