Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Ok from your download , make a folder and extract al files from the original download into it , ELMConfig is searching for the data folder , so place both the data folder and the Elmconfig.exe in it's own folder together.

Ok done that and it come up with  a load of  vbf files  8 of them

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#1622 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Ok done that and it come up with  a load of  vbf files  8 of them

Ok so you made a new folder , and inside that folder should be

elmconfig.exe

Data folder containing the .vbf files ,  frw.dat and code.dtc files

so when you open your new folder , it should have elmconfig.exe and data folder.

#1623 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

Ok so you made a new folder , and inside that folder should be

elmconfig.exe

Data folder containing the .vbf files ,  frw.dat and code.dtc files

so when you open your new folder , it should have elmconfig.exe and data folder.

yes it does

#1624 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

yes it does

Ok give that a try see if it solves the problem.

#1625 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

ok will do thanks a lot :)

#1626 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

ok now looks like this thanks very much preee

2_zpsfa165c44.jpg

#1627 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

No Problem Dezwez , glad it worked.

#1628 simmaren_1

simmaren_1

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name: Fredrik
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2006

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

Hello,

When I finaly got the right elm327 (elm327 dongle #3...) with 500k speed, I read VID & firmware and tried to write it back to the PCM but then it said that my PCM is not supported!

I have the 5M51AG PCM number and the ECU-131.

Soon I will sell the car :(

/Fredrik

#1629 KevG

KevG

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Name: Kevin
  • Ford Model: Focus ST2
  • Year: 2007

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Hi, Been reading about this on the FocusSToc.com, and bought the ELM and done the mod to it, downloaded the latest version of software V2.10c, I cannot seem to read/get information from the MS-CAN modules, they all come back with N/A and NO DATA, also tried the switch thinking it was that and I get a CAN ERROR, but I can read and access information etc from the HS-CAN modules, any ideas?

I want to program in a new(used) Bluetooth module with USB.

My ST2 is 2007 Pre-facelift with voice control

Any help would be grateful.

Kev

#1630 JW1982

JW1982

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Name: Wilco
  • Ford Model: Focus MK3 Champions Edition
  • Year: 2013

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

The USB functionality does only work in combination with Focus MK2.5 Sony (produced after 08-2008) and Travelpilot (FX and NX) radio's. The Focus MK2 radio's uses the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system which has different wiring/modules and do not support the USB functionality. 

If your car is equipped with the original radio and Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system your new module with USB functionality will not work.

Did you perform the "Setup adapter for MS-CAN bus" procedure of the ELMconfig program? This function can be found under "Adapter Setup" on the start screen of ELMconfig. If this does not solve your problem the problem is most likely caused by a bad switch or incorrect wiring.

#1631 KevG

KevG

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

The USB functionality does only work in combination with Focus MK2.5 Sony (produced after 08-2008) and Travelpilot (FX and NX) radio's. The Focus MK2 radio's uses the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system which has different wiring/modules and do not support the USB functionality. 

If your car is equipped with the original radio and Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system your new module with USB functionality will not work.

Even though I have the Sony Gen2 "Oval Style" stereo as from the factory this will still not work?

#1632 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,581 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
Contributor

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

If it's the mock oval Gen2 then no, if it's the Gen3 then yes.

#1633 JW1982

JW1982

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Name: Wilco
  • Ford Model: Focus MK3 Champions Edition
  • Year: 2013

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

Even though I have the Sony Gen2 "Oval Style" stereo as from the factory this will still not work?

No, most likely the USB functionality will not work. the oval shaped Sony radio's with red illumination which are fitted into the late Focus MK2 and early MK2.5 models are technically different than the later MK2.5 versions of this radio.

The older versions of the oval shaped Sony radio's uses the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. This system has a Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module with part number 4M5T-19G488-AX or 7M5T-19G488-AX (the X can be any letter). This is a mono module which communicates the audio to a special Phone input of the radio.

Old module versions do not have a USB connection at all and can not be updated.

After 04-2008 The Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system was changed. Another Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module was fitted with part number 8M5T-19G488-AX. This is a Stereo module which communicates the audio to the AUX input of the radio (this is not noticeable). The wiring of the AUX connection in the glove box is routed to the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module before going to the radio.This type of module has an USB connection for firmware update purposes. When Ford released the USB functionality (about 08-2008) another type of Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module was introduced. The module with part number 8M5T-19C112-AX is based on the new Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system but has USB playback functionality, Ipod control and some later versions also suport Bluetooth/Audio.

I retrofitted the new MK2.5 Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system to my car after I fitted a 2011 6000CD Premium MP3 (from a S-max) to my Focus MK2. The system was fully functional but the 6000CD does not support USB so I bought an oval shaped Sony. Unfortunately the Sony was produced in 2007 and did not work with my MK2.5 Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system at all. For this reason I sold this radio and bought myself a 2009 Sony 6-CD DAB radio. The Sony DAB radio works great with the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system and now I have the USB, A2DP and Bluetooth Audio functionality which is really great.

There is a simple check to determine if the radio will support USB or not. press and hold the1 & 6 button together. Now a serie of different hardware and software numbers will appear. Look for a number which looks like 05-03-03. For USB support the number has to start with a 5. If the number starts with a 4 the radio definitely  does not support USB.

#1634 KevG

KevG

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

There is a simple check to determine if the radio will support USB or not. press and hold the1 & 6 button together. Now a serie of different hardware and software numbers will appear. Look for a number which looks like 05-03-03. For USB support the number has to start with a 5. If the number starts with a 4 the radio definitely  does not support USB.

Well, just checked and I done the check and low and behold, the 1st thing that came up was 04-04-14, so thats that then, look like a new stereo for Christmas, one that will do USB etc etc.

Thanks for the replies, where is the rep on this forum (...goes and for a look...)

#1635 SkinnyB

SkinnyB

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Name: Simba
  • Ford Model: Zetec 1.6 Mk 2.5

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

Alright folks, some troubling news has just come to my attention :o , after months and months of searching for a bluetooth module with USB i finally managed to buy one yesterday (still waiting for it to be delivered)  for an acceptable amount but now after reading this 

i am a bit worried that my stereo does not support the USB function. I have done the check as mentioned above and when its cycling though all the numbers there are three which look like the firmware, 10-00-02 is the 1st then there is a date 25/07/2007 another number FB 07-02-08 then BL 02-04-05

can anyone confirm which number i need to be looking at or weather my stereo will support USB function or not 

and if my stereo does not support USB which for me is becoming more and more likely is there not a way to update the software or firmware whatever it maybe? 

btw i have the facelift focus on an 08 plate believe its the early version of the mk2.5's

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users