Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Name: Wilco
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2 First Edition
  • Year: 2005

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

Is this the oval shaped Sony radio with red illumination? In my opinion the number you should be looking at is 02-04-05 but this is firmware version is either very old or it should be 04-05-02 (based on the Ford/Sony technical manual). Either way I suspect this radio will not be able to support USB playback. 

There are a few other things you could check to determine your exact type of radio:

* Remove the radio and check the production date and part number. These are printed on a label at the side of the radio. On this label is also a stripe printed in a particular color (for example: Light Grey, Dark Blue, Pink, Beige, Green, Black, Red or Dark Blue). Based on the production date, part number and exact color of the stripe I can determine the exact radio type and which software version should be on the radio.

* Check the part number of the original Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. If the number is 7M5T-19G488-AX (the X can be any letter) you have the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. In order to get the USB functionality working on the old system you need to have a suitable radio (which supports USB), a suitable Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module (part number 8M5T-19C112-AX) and you need to modify/rewire the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol wiring. 

If the number is 8M5T-19G488-AX you already have the new Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. In order to get the USB functionality working on the new system you need to have a suitable radio (which supports USB) and a suitable Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module (part number 8M5T-19C112-AX). In some cases it is also required to change (or rewire) the loop connector which is fitted between the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol wiring.

As far as I know oval shaped Sony radio's which are based on the new Bluetooth/Voicecontrol systems which do not not support USB do only have different software compared to the Sony radio's which do support USB. It should be possible to update the firmware to a newer version but until now I never found someone who actually has enough knowledge to do this. 

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#1637 strekill

strekill

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: C-MAX

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

Hello,

I've tried to change IPC in my Focus II from pre-facelift (green) to post-facelift (red). So I've print-screened configuration the old one in ELMconfig and set up the new one. But I probably messed something and there is no way to configure PATS in the new IPC. 

So now I need to bring the new one in factory state (load as-built data), but I don't know VIN of the car, where the new IPC was.  :angry:

OR, if I load a new firmware into new one, will I be able to program PATS?

The new one No. is: 8V4T-10849-GJ

S/N: KTVC1K89H

thx

#1638 JW1982

JW1982

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Configuring the new instrument cluster is very simple. You just have to save all settings of the old instrument cluster and program them to the new one. If the new instrument cluster is a MK2.5 instrument cluster it is also needed to select the "Clock" checkbox. After all settings are copied the new instrument cluster is configured correctly.

At this point the engine will not start because the PATS system is partly integrated into the instrument cluster.

The next step is to program all ignition keys (a minimum of 2 keys are required) to the new instrument cluster. To do this you will need the Ford IDS diagnostic system or another (Ford specific) diagnostic system which is capable to program the Ford PATS system. I use the FoCom diagnostic system which is capable to do this.

When all keys are programmed to the new instrument cluster succesfully the engine will still not start. This is because the Focus MK2/MK2.5 PATS system is integrated in both the instrument cluster and the PCM. The instrument cluster and the PCM needs to be paired together. To do this you have to perform the "PATS initialization" procedure (Ford IDS) or "PATS pairing" procedure (FoCom).

After these actions are performed the engine should start normally.

#1639 SkinnyB

SkinnyB

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Name: Simba
  • Ford Model: Zetec 1.6 Mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

Is this the oval shaped Sony radio with red illumination? In my opinion the number you should be looking at is 02-04-05 but this is firmware version is either very old or it should be 04-05-02 (based on the Ford/Sony technical manual). Either way I suspect this radio will not be able to support USB playback. 

There are a few other things you could check to determine your exact type of radio:

* Remove the radio and check the production date and part number. These are printed on a label at the side of the radio. On this label is also a stripe printed in a particular color (for example: Light Grey, Dark Blue, Pink, Beige, Green, Black, Red or Dark Blue). Based on the production date, part number and exact color of the stripe I can determine the exact radio type and which software version should be on the radio.

Seems like i'm out of luck, :cry:  i done all my retro fits with relative ease until now. i thought i would take pictures instead of trying to write it all.

IMG_4271.JPG

IMG_4273.JPG

And when you say i have to modify/re-wire the wiring, what exactly does that involve? The module i have bought as well is the older of the USB types part number 8M5T-19C112-AM the one that does not have the mini usb connection, does anyone have a link to where i can buy the cable or which one i will need.

Again on the subject o the stereo when you do the audio updates that you get here www.ford-mobile-connectivity.co.uk/downloadsUpdates what will you be updating the module or stereo or both?

#1640 JW1982

JW1982

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Seems like i'm out of luck, :cry:  i done all my retro fits with relative ease until now. i thought i would take pictures instead of trying to write it all.

attachicon.gifIMG_4271.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4273.JPG

And when you say i have to modify/re-wire the wiring, what exactly does that involve? The module i have bought as well is the older of the USB types part number 8M5T-19C112-AM the one that does not have the mini usb connection, does anyone have a link to where i can buy the cable or which one i will need.

Again on the subject o the stereo when you do the audio updates that you get here www.ford-mobile-connectivity.co.uk/downloadsUpdates what will you be updating the module or stereo or both?

This is not a Sony radio. Part number 8M5T-18C815-AA belongs to a (silver) Ford 6000CD radio. The Ford 6000CD radio's do not support USB. Only the oval single-CD and 6-disc Sony radio's which are produced after 08-2008 and the Travelpilot FX and NX satnav systems support USB. This means you will definitely need another radio to get the USB functionality working.

The pinout of the old type Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module is slightly different than the pinout of the new type Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. As far as I remember it is nescessary to add an extra positive and ground wire and rewire the AUX wiring. In fact the module is connected between the AUX wiring. The new type modules uses the (stereo) AUX input of the radio. Modifying/rewiring the wiring is only needed if the part number of your current module starts with a 7. If the part number starts with a 8 you already have the correct wiring.

The Ford Audio Update does only update the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. These updates fixes certain known Phone compatibility problems or improve certain functions. The radio itself is not touched by these updates.

#1641 simmaren_1

simmaren_1

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name: Fredrik
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2006

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

Hello,

When I finaly got the right elm327 (elm327 dongle #3...) with 500k speed, I read VID & firmware and tried to write it back to the PCM but then it said that my PCM is not supported!

I have the 5M51AG PCM number and the ECU-131.

Soon I will sell the car :(

/Fredrik

Hello again,

Does someone know why only
the 5M51JD / JE are supported by the ELMConfig. What is the difference between
JD/JE and my AG?

Will the xxxAG be supported in the future or am I just in bad luck regarding the activation of the CC?

/Fredrik

#1642 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,107 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

Its not a case that they are not supported, its a case of which GEM's have CC built into them as capable to manage.

All of the Focus's that this can work with will talk to elm config, but not all options will be available.

#1643 simmaren_1

simmaren_1

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name: Fredrik
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2006

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Its not a case that they are not supported, its a case of which GEM's have CC built into them as capable to manage.

All of the Focus's that this can work with will talk to elm config, but not all options will be available.

Okay, but if I want to change tire size, I can't do that either due to my PCM is not supported by the ELMConfig.
I understand that not all cars can activate all of the functions but, if I can read out the firmware I also "want" to write it back to the PCM module... My question is if this might be supported in the future?

#1644 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,107 posts
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

certain functions the author thought best and safest to leave to ids but there's no real reason it can't work at some point. I thought it was possible but perhaps it's best to get confirmation from another member who has tried and succeeded...

sent using the Ford OC app for android.

#1645 spiceytitanium

spiceytitanium

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Luke
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium TDCi
  • Year: 2009

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

Could someone please direct me in the way of getting the latest files so that i can assign my bluetooth module to my car after doing a retrofit on my Focus Mk 2.5.

Many thanks

Luke

#1646 JW1982

JW1982

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

The latest version of the ELMconfig software (version 0.2.11b) can be downloaded form the following link:

http://civil.iffc.ru...g/ELMConfig.zip

You only have to change the vehicle type of the SRM (Speech Recognition Module) to Focus. Afterwards the module should be fully functional.

My experience is that Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules which are programmed for some other Ford models (Fiesta MK7, Mondeo MK4 and S-max/Galaxy) do also work in a Focus MK2.5 but the voicecontrol functionality does not work (the module does not respond on the VOICE button). After changing the vehicle type the voicecontrol should work correctly also. There was no need to change other settings to make the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module function correctly.

#1647 minimadgriff

minimadgriff

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Name: Ben
  • Ford Model: Focus RS (The original) & Ford Kuga
  • Year: Non

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Afternoon all,

I have just got hold of a large screen instrument cluster for my Kuga, which I was just about to fit .I have a bit of an issue though.

I read out of my HEC and saved pages 1 and 2 ready for loading into the new cluster but page 3 will not read out on my original ELMconfig or the new one I downloaded from the link on here a few weeks back, I get the following errors

New version error

http://i71.photobuck...86.jpg~original

Old version error

http://i71.photobuck...85.jpg~original

I have read out of it before, so I am unsure why it won't do it now? It also won't let me write to it either with my previously saved read file?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

#1648 SkinnyB

SkinnyB

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Name: Simba
  • Ford Model: Zetec 1.6 Mk 2.5

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

This is not a Sony radio. Part number 8M5T-18C815-AA belongs to a (silver) Ford 6000CD radio. The Ford 6000CD radio's do not support USB. Only the oval single-CD and 6-disc Sony radio's which are produced after 08-2008 and the Travelpilot FX and NX satnav systems support USB. This means you will definitely need another radio to get the USB functionality working.

The pinout of the old type Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module is slightly different than the pinout of the new type Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. As far as I remember it is nescessary to add an extra positive and ground wire and rewire the AUX wiring. In fact the module is connected between the AUX wiring. The new type modules uses the (stereo) AUX input of the radio. Modifying/rewiring the wiring is only needed if the part number of your current module starts with a 7. If the part number starts with a 8 you already have the correct wiring.

The Ford Audio Update does only update the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. These updates fixes certain known Phone compatibility problems or improve certain functions. The radio itself is not touched by these updates.

Cheers for clearing that up for me mate looks like i wont be doing this retro fit any time soon if at all. i cant seem to find the right stereo. i can see a few being sold on flebay but most of them where produced in 2007 or early 2008 which makes then not compatable  :angry: And my current module begins with 7 so re-wiring needed as well.

There are some made in 2010-2012 but they seem to be overpriced, so for now i think im going to have to live with just listening through the AUX. I read somewhere that the sound quality is not that great when using wireless streaming, can anyone with experience using it shed some more light on this for me.

Gonna be sticking the new USB module back on flebay  :whistling:

#1649 higgsy

higgsy

Northern Yam Yam

• FOC Supporters
  • 825 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S 1.6 TI-VCT
  • Year: 2010

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

Can anyone confirm if they had a problem setting the courtesy light delay in ELM config.   I have set it to 60 secs and the setting has definitely been saved, however it still goes off in the original 25 seconds. 

#1650 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

it don't work on mine no matter how long I set it  I think you cant set it

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users