Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

• 3 weeks later...

Hello . could anyone tell me at what temperature should the  pcm send a starting signal to the  fan  on a1.8 tdci engine 2008 focus facelift.In forscan mine starts at 116 degrees . It s a pcm problem because of a recent update of the pcm or it s  normal . In the cluster  test menu engine temperature is always with 15 degrees lower, and i recived a photo from someone with the same engine  where the temperature from menu and the one from cluster is the same . 

The engine is always overheating after 3 hours of high traffic, on long trips when air hit s the radiator it s fine. In traffic when i see that the engine gets hot i start the air conditioning and the fan starts at 50% and after a minute the temperature drops to 90

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I am in very bad situation. I had my ELM327 cable so I went through the configuration of my Ford Focus Mk2.5 2011. With ELMconfig I could read GEM, PCM, HEC, ABS and I noticed that they are all with software from 2008/2009. Then I decided to upgrade my HEC with the integrated ELMconfig option Firmware File using "ROM512 (AK) full by quickie".

The upgrade finished but unfortunately my car started behaving really strange with strange noises, not even able to start the engine.

Then I tried to downgrade to the standard ROM508 version and it wrote all the 2000 blocks but at the end it failed with erasing the DTC errors.

Then the third try was to go to the standard ROM512 - it again wrote the 2000 blocks but again failed on the DTC erasing part.

I ended up with dead HEC and I am not even able to switch the ignition ON - all the lights are off. I am not even able to read any information with ELMconfig.

Could you please help me, my car is totally not usable?

Tnx.

• 2 weeks later...

Update to my post above:

I managed to fix the problem and I tried all of the possible HEC Firmwares.

The key was to remove the car battery for more than 4 hours and after connected back the car battery and used the occasion to try to push new firmware rom508 which erases the flash. However the first attempt is interrupted and not successful as the HEC was previously bricked respectively the new firmware update cannot go well. Then I removed the car battery again. Once connected back the car entered in diagnostic mode (the emergency lights on the car panel are blinking, the lamps in front of the car do not blink). Then I could successfully restore the firmware rom508 but again it couldn't finish successfully so I again removed the car battery for 3rd time. Once connected back the car started functioning normally but there was some strange reading of the HEC details - once of hte fields was missing so I performed new firmware upgrade again to rom508 which finished successfully and everything was back to normal.

Before I fixed it I thought the car is in really bad situation so I scheduled visit in Moto Phohe (local Ford dealer) so I decided to still go there and see if they are able to update the firmware of all modules to the newest as it would cost 30$ only. However they didn't find any newer firmware than what I currently have - rom508 from 2009.

Attached (screenshot) are my HEC details: HW Part #: 8V4T-14C226-AE, Part #: 8V4T-10849-EL, Software Part #: 8V4T-14C026-AJ, Calibration SW Part #: 8V4T-14C088-AJ

Tnx.

hec2.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I have spent hours reading the whole of this forum, swapped steering wheel, checked all switches etc. purchased a ELM327, downloaded and briefly played with Forscan and Elmconfig, but before I spend time trying this, is it activating CC in a 2006 ST-3 achievable or should I quit and sell my equipment to someone on here who could actually use it.

Thank you in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone need a 4 spoke steering wheel with CC controls and airbag for doing this project?

• 3 months later...

Good night people .
I'm from Brazil
Read the forum almost all.
And I didn't find a solution to my problem
When I read the PCM module I get a warning that I need a speed of over 500,000 and that my device has only 115200.

the original message and
* To perform this operation connection speed at least 115200 bps is required. 500000 bps and higher is recommended

9 hours ago, leobonitao said:

To perform this operation connection speed at least 115200 bps is required. 500000 bps and higher is recommended

This speed is set in the ELM327 device, or possibly in the driver software that is installed to use it. The ELM327 is essentially a serial port device (RS-232), and the original maximum speed for the serial port on a PC is 115200 BPS. If your ELM is a serial one (rare now. but I have one), then this will be the maximum.

Most ELM327 adapters now are USB or wireless. They have an additional interface chip that converts the serial ELM chip to the later USB or wireless standards. The driver loaded to the PC then emulates a serial port, turning the USB or wireless interface back to a serial protocol for the software (Forscan or ELMConfig etc). So the maximum speed is a function of both your ELM device and the driver software.

Simplest remedy is to buy an ELM device with a guaranteed 500k bps interface, and make sure the driver software on your PC or other computer is updated to the correct version for it. This may mean de-installing an existing driver, or else this existing driver could still be used by default.

Note: Wireless ELMs are not really recommended for PCM updates and other critical operations. They are just too error and bug prone.

Hi guys sorry to bother you.

What is the recommended diagnostic tool these days please i keep reading about Forscan but not sure if that is something renamed.

Thanks for your time and troubles.

2 hours ago, justgotast170 said:

What is the recommended diagnostic tool these days please i keep reading about Forscan but not sure if that is something renamed.

Forscan is still about the best you can get (apart from the Ford IDS, which is very expensive to rent!) for a Ford. It is a long term project, still growing.

http://forscan.org/download.html

It needs the same ELM327 interface as discussed in this thread.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm trying to activate cruise control on my 59 plate Focus 1.6 tdci. I have read all the forums and watched all the videos about it. Replaced the steering wheel and airbag. Since a month I cannot make the ELM327 device to work. I have ordered 3 pcs so far from universal-diagnostics, none of them work. The seller says he tested the device himself before sending it but I am getting the same errors as with the other two (please see attached). I thought the problem was with my laptop but I have tried 4 different laptops so far and I am getting the same error. Your replies will be much appreciated. Thanks!

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-17 at 12.19.59 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-17 at 12.19.59 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-17 at 12.19.59 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-17 at 12.19.59 (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-17 at 12.19.59 (5).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-17 at 12.19.59.jpeg

• 5 months later...

Hi all. Wondering if anyone can help.

Using ELM327 cable (have 3 of them...all same result)

Car: cmax 2007 2.0TDCI DW10 engine, SID803 PCM

Went to upgrade firmware. Writing to PCM is fine all the way through, gets to the end and then, after reboot, erasing DTC's throws an error and the PCM is bricked. Afterwards ELMConfig says the PCM type is wrong (its not) but if I use earlier ELMConfig I can do the same - write all the blocks then it errors at DTC erasing and doesnt complete.

I've tried 3 ELM327 cables, and have now bricked 2 PCMs ... whoops.

I've previously had good success with petrol cmax pcm flashes.

Cheers!