Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

Clive if you need some help give me a shout.

On a plus note , they have replied to my email, they have no plans to release an English version , but a new release of the program is due soon with even more feature's. :)

Good you got a reply Paul, shame there will be no English version on the horizon though. Such a handy piece of software and proven to work as we know.........demand for this would be high i'd imagine, just a pity about the language. However thankfully we have google translate :)

Good you got a reply Paul, shame there will be no English version on the horizon though. Such a handy piece of software and proven to work as we know.........demand for this would be high i'd imagine, just a pity about the language. However thankfully we have google translate :)

Yeah cracking piece of software and great that a new version is on the way, tanslation is not too bad really just take's a little time ,

I have now fitted my switch to my ELM so thats all done.

I'm now working on tracing my wiring this weekend for my ESP switch , i have found a wiring reference of where it should plug into the car , so i need to find if it is plugged in as the information i have found indicates that NO software update is needed.

I'm now working on tracing my wiring this weekend for my ESP switch , i have found a wiring reference of where it should plug into the car , so i need to find if it is plugged in as the information i have found indicates that NO software update is needed.

You want to add ESP switch or the whole ESP system?

Shame you weren't closer to me, i'd be there with the flask and butties in a heartbeat.

You want to add ESP switch or the whole ESP system?

Just the ESP switch , i have the switch and all the wiring is in place , same as ST , The switch is not "live" and i was told by Ford that it was not possible to activate.

Well our dear Russian friends have of course done exactly that and following the posts i now know where to look to see it its plugged in to the module. , but i want to trace the wire's all the way , so i can check that the wires lead to the C111 module. I was originally hoping it could be turned on through ELM-FF2 , but it appears it needs no software activation .

Shame you weren't closer to me, i'd be there with the flask and butties in a heartbeat.

Why not get the software and AS-Built and check what you can turn on or off, you maybe tempted to get an ELM327 cable :)

I'd probably bugger something important up and look a right mammary. :(

I'd probably bugger something important up and look a right mammary. :(

From all the pages and pages i have read it's pretty fool proof , and no one as of yet has done any damage, tick a box or un-tick it if it does not work , and the only pages you need have been translated all ready in my pics :)

I've just re-read the whole thread and have determined that there is nothing there i really need to alter.

Already have auto rear wipe on reverse and have an indicator light which shows on near redline so no change light really needed and my reversing sensors already beep when going in to reverse. I don't have heated windscreen, cruise, or any other item on the lists that needs twiddling with.

Think i'll leave well alone. :)

Just tried part 1, and enabled the low washer fluid level indicator and the instant fuel reading. Can't go out in the car just now so not sure if they work but will soon find out.

Nice one Sparky , mine does not have the sensor wiring to the washer bottle so it kept coming on after about 5 seconds warning me on low water , so i turned it back off , i might look at getting a sensor fitted and make use of it.

Cold here tonight so i'm hoping it will be below 4c tomorrow to see if the heated screen comes on in auto.

Auto door locking is working a treat as is everything else i have turned on.

Ford ECO mode keeps displaying meesages about changing gear early etc tec , but still actual score has not changed even though i reset average fuel consumption like it states you should , it's surposed to be in the ECU for 2010 Focus onwards but i think it does not work but i will see if it changes .

eco mode works in my 2011 )mk2.5( focus

Jamie :-)

I have just finished the wiring mod's to the ELM327 an tried the first alteration to the IPC, and yes that reversing sound had to go back off straight away!. also enabled the autodoor locking bit, will need to wait until tomorrow to see if this works ok. still a few unknowns at the moment regarding the rest of the function but i did notice through your screen shots of the programme the tabs across the top shows Diagnostics / Configuration and Additional. well I have not looked yet but do you think their may be an option to initiate a DPF regen I understand that Ford have to hook-up to the system to do this normally?. the possibilities of this could be endless. and may save pounds instead of going to the dealer.

have the cable, but im a mac head so need to rob a windows laptop of someone and try this! can't wait to set deadlock to first press of button, and auto lock while driving etc.

got windows 7 laptop

downloaded first russian software and tried com1 with vin number and no joy

computer had a heart attack about something else and I couldn't view this guide properly, but i got the bit about modifying the ELM with the command window so i tried that and it did sort of work. During this process i realised that it was in com7.

i then tried the russian software again and got into it but get a funny error when i try to read the data.

the second russian software gives the error mentioned but i don't know where to put the dll files.

did i screw it up by modifying the elm when i didnt need to?

Nice one Sparky , mine does not have the sensor wiring to the washer bottle so it kept coming on after about 5 seconds warning me on low water , so i turned it back off , i might look at getting a sensor fitted and make use of it.

Cold here tonight so i'm hoping it will be below 4c tomorrow to see if the heated screen comes on in auto.

Auto door locking is working a treat as is everything else i have turned on.

Ford ECO mode keeps displaying meesages about changing gear early etc tec , but still actual score has not changed even though i reset average fuel consumption like it states you should , it's surposed to be in the ECU for 2010 Focus onwards but i think it does not work but i will see if it changes .

Need to fill my water bottle up as I got the low washer fluid warning as soon as I got in the car this morning, I thought that may have been correct as I have haven't filled it up for a couple of weeks but after reading your post, I'll need to fill it up and see if the warning disappears.

Haven't modded the cable yet to allow me to do the other stuff such as auto door locking. Will get around to that eventually.

eco mode works in my 2011 )mk2.5( focus

Jamie :-)

I can now report back that ECO mode does indeed work and beside's the driving tips my Flowers are growing :)

Also my auto widow screen now come on auto on low temp :)

I have just finished the wiring mod's to the ELM327 an tried the first alteration to the IPC, and yes that reversing sound had to go back off straight away!. also enabled the autodoor locking bit, will need to wait until tomorrow to see if this works ok. still a few unknowns at the moment regarding the rest of the function but i did notice through your screen shots of the programme the tabs across the top shows Diagnostics / Configuration and Additional. well I have not looked yet but do you think their may be an option to initiate a DPF regen I understand that Ford have to hook-up to the system to do this normally?. the possibilities of this could be endless. and may save pounds instead of going to the dealer.

I have not seen anything about DPF , just be carefull that you fully translate before you decide to WRITE THE CONFIGURATION , and keep a safe copy of your AS_BUILT for reference if you need to change anything or all back.

got windows 7 laptop

downloaded first russian software and tried com1 with vin number and no joy

computer had a heart attack about something else and I couldn't view this guide properly, but i got the bit about modifying the ELM with the command window so i tried that and it did sort of work. During this process i realised that it was in com7.

i then tried the russian software again and got into it but get a funny error when i try to read the data.

the second russian software gives the error mentioned but i don't know where to put the dll files.

did i screw it up by modifying the elm when i didnt need to?

I have not tried ELMconfig program yet.

Your com port will be listed in the control panel for the ELM device if you click properties , you then use that com port or write it in as COM1 etc.

you will get a NO data or NO CAMbus error if it is on the wrong switch setting .

PuTTY the command line program , i set the log file to check all commands were issued , repeating the commands is fine as i probably did some of the commands twice to make sure they were excepted.

Need to fill my water bottle up as I got the low washer fluid warning as soon as I got in the car this morning, I thought that may have been correct as I have haven't filled it up for a couple of weeks but after reading your post, I'll need to fill it up and see if the warning disappears.

Haven't modded the cable yet to allow me to do the other stuff such as auto door locking. Will get around to that eventually.

Thats what happened to mine , reason for mine was that the wiring was not there for the washer low level , only 2 wires going to the pump on mine.

I've ordered one last night even though i'm not very confident of using it lol. Particularly dreading the soldering/ desoldering!!

there are a few things there i definately want to activate, such as auto door locking, and auto heated screen for starters.

Preee, does the heated screen option switch both front and rear on, and at what outside temp?

EDIT: Also, what exactly does ECO Mode do?

I've ordered one last night even though i'm not very confident of using it lol. Particularly dreading the soldering/ desoldering!!

there are a few things there i definately want to activate, such as auto door locking, and auto heated screen for starters.

Preee, does the heated screen option switch both front and rear on, and at what outside temp?

EDIT: Also, what exactly does ECO Mode do?

When i started my car this morning it was 4c and orange snowflake , this activated front and rear screens at the same time , i just switched them off as it was not frosty. :)

Eco Mode , just monitors your driving and advise's you how your driving and tips on driving more Economical. Gimmic probably but , at first i thought it did not work , but now it's growing and adapting to my driving since i reset the average fuel consumption.

On the Russian site it says it may work on Pre-2010 , but lists it as working on 2010/2011 ECU's

Cheers mate, hopefully mine will arrive tomorrow and i can have a play while i wait for the courier to deliver my new iPad. :)

On the IPC tab I think IVD = Interactive Vehicle Dynamics

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2609

Interactive Vehicle Dynamics (IVD)

What it is: Interactive Vehicle Dynamics integrates and manages the antilock brake system, all-speed traction control and yaw stability assist. In addition to providing the normal antilock braking and traction control functions, IVD has a yaw stability function that proportions brake pressure (above or below the driver's applied pressure) to each wheel individually, thereby delivering enhanced steering control at the dynamic limits for any traction surface while braking, accelerating or coasting. The IVD system could be activated when a vehicle is taking a turn too quickly or when it encounters a slippery road surface.How it works: The system compares the driver's intended path (which is derived from the steering wheel angle) to the actual vehicle path, which is inferred from a yaw rate sensor, a lateral accelerometer and wheel-speed sensors. If the actual path is different from that intended path (e.g., when the vehicle is understeering or oversteering), the IVD controller applies braking at selected wheel(s) and reduces engine torque if required to make the best use of available traction to keep the vehicle on the intended path and minimize loss of control.Customer benefit: Increased driver control, handling, performance and safety.Ford status: Available on the 2000 Lincoln LS, with the marketing name AdvanceTrac.

On IPC tab

ЭГУР

Eguren - electronic hydraulic power steering

On the IPC tab I think IVD = Interactive Vehicle Dynamics

http://media.ford.co...article_id=2609

Interactive Vehicle Dynamics (IVD)

How it works: The system compares the driver's intended path (which is derived from the steering wheel angle)

Nice find, but I think it could work only if you have sensor on steering wheel column (the one used for AFL, cornering lights or however it is called), unfo most of the cars don't have it.

On IPC tab

ЭГУР

Eguren - electronic hydraulic power steering

Ajt have you switched that on? is it the steering setting mode that is in Diesel's to adjust the sport settings?

On another note i have been using AABBY scan software .Taken screen shots of the various screens of ELM-FF2 and ELMconfig , then loading the images into AABBY , placing the program in Russian :) this then translates the image into text , save them as word documents and then Google translate. Works a treat . Before i was using Russian online keyboard and manually typing each letter before using google translate.

Only thing i have not done yet is over lay the text on the images , not had time.