Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Name: Ronald J
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 2008 Titanium with Sport Pack
  • Year: 2008

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

just wondering.. any thoughts?

but ive been looking through the parts listings, and pretty much the engine bay wiring looms on petrol and diesel variants of focus are all interchangeable, they arent drivetrain specific... and the same looks fit pretty much all standard models.

the only models with different looms for the engine bay are the RS and ST... RS presumebly different to ST because of the wider track requiring longer ABS sensor wires on front wheels.

was thinking to myself, what is different about these models.. more specifically ST, as that would be the most alike loom to a normal model... as the other wiring looms for standard models are interchangeable.... and the engine loom is covered separately, I know that because ive swapped engine loom on my 2.0 TDCi,, the Engine loom goes through the bulkhead and wires directly into the GEM module, no direct connection to the engine bay loom.. engine bay loom has another connection on the GEM.

As I was comparing in my head.

ST has Xenon... Xenon is available on the normal focus
ST has headlamp washers... also available on normal focus
ST has low washer fluid warning... also available on normal focus
ST has same ABS unit on mk2.5 as standard focus
ST Has heated front screen and heated washers... also available on standard focus
ST has EHPAS.. also available on standard focus
ST Has levelling sensors.. again also available on standard focus with xenon
ST has front temperature sensor.. so does normal focus.

So I was wondering if the reason for a different loom is because of the ESP button, and dashboard pods?
ESP Button, as stated in previous thread.. the dash wiring for the ESP button ends at the GEM and has no wires going from there onward to the ABS Module.. this wire would be included on an ST loom.. but they wont put that on a standard focus loom because the button was removed from installation on the facelift focus.. and other thing is the Pods, cant directly see why that would need the engine bay wiring loom connections..would of thought those wires would be more dealt with on the ST engine loom... but its the only other difference I could think of.

Dash looms again other than pods and ESP button would be identical to a standard focus also, as theres nothing on the ST that isnt available on standard focus.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

im just theorising, but playing with the idea of comparing an ST loom to standard loom and seeing if an ST loom will work on a standard car to get the ESP button functioning, and then later on possibly looking if the Pods can be made to function.

Apoligise this is slightly unrelated lol, but my next question was.. if the wiring is compatible from an ST.. maybe thats a way to enable the use of the ESP button, and start playing with getting the pods working if there is an option to enable them... Id imagine there is though! as its no different to some of the other options to enable or disable like washer level sensor etc... its just "another module" that needs to be set as present.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#347 jbeer

jbeer

Ford Friends

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Name: Jason
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk2.5 2.0TDCi Titanium X
  • Year: 2009

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:03 AM

Hi All,

I have been watching this thread with great interest and now that my ELM327 has arrived I just have a few quick questions that I hope you can answer for me.

For example I'm wanting to switch on DDS, now I know that I have to tick the boxes in the BCM & HEC Modules...would I then after ticking the boxes click on Write to BCM & HEC respectfully? some other forums have also suggested that I would need to go to the Procedures tab in the BCM and Reset the Modules....do I need to do this and what does this do?

Also to mod the ELM would I be best going for a 2 way or 3 way switch?

Sorry if they are simple questions :mellow:

Many Thanks

#348 mayak

mayak

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Name: Marcin
  • Ford Model: Focus mk 2
  • Year: 2007

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:50 AM

RB2004
http://ffclub.ru/topic/97513/ - here you have Russian topic about installing ESP off button in FF2 FL

ps.
reading it with translate.google won't show all specific content (I mean 'hidden text' sections), so I suggest to use Google Chrome browser which translates on the fly and lets you log in to the forum

#349 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 8,596 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:54 AM

RB2004
http://ffclub.ru/topic/97513/ - here you have Russian topic about installing ESP off button in FF2 FL

ps.
reading it with translate.google won't show all specific content (I mean 'hidden text' sections), so I suggest to use Google Chrome browser which translates on the fly and lets you log in to the forum

whats the end result mate,
is it possible to fit a working ESP switch to the mk2.5 focus :o

#350 Richiemac

Richiemac

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Focus 2014 1.6 tdci + S max 2007
  • Year: 2014

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

Just to confirm, DDS does work.......popped up on the M1 last night and sure enough back left tyre was down to 20 psi. Pumped up at services, reset it and carried on. On inspection this morning i found the culprit in the form of a wood screw , so will get it fixed later. Could have shred the tyre had i not known, so a good little feature to have :)

Richie0337.jpg

#351 mayak

mayak

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:37 AM

whats the end result mate,
is it possible to fit a working ESP switch to the mk2.5 focus :o

so much lazy? ;) - faq is in first (pinned) message of that thread

fotostory:
- http://ffclub.ru/top...0/#entry5380865
- http://fotki.yandex....album/68405?p=0

links to manuals:
- http://depositfiles....files/rblnx1dk2
- http://ffclub.ru/top...0/#entry6400010 -> http://narod.ru/disk...

Regards,
Mayak

#352 JW1982

JW1982

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Name: Wilco
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2 First Edition
  • Year: 2005

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

No, I never will include this function in shared software. Immobilizer is your car theft protection. And if everybody have ability to add a new key in system, this barrier will not matter at all.

Ford dealer MUST be able to do it, it one of his function. And facelift/prefacelift clusters are totally compatible. If dealer won't replace it, you can do it by yourself:
- agree with dealer on key adding procedure only
- save your HEC config
- come to dealer and replace cluster near him (do not start the car until keys programming!)
- load your config in ELMConfig and change necessary parameters for level 2/3 cluster (don forget about clock!)
- write your new config into cluster
- program your keys
- if you want, you can write your old odometer value into new cluster ;)

Last week i got my (level 2) MK2.5 instrument cluster that i bought in the UK. I have changed the settings for my MK2 with ELMconfig and ELM-FF2 and it is working without errors. The only thing that isn't working is the immobilizer (PATS). Next monday my car will go to someone to do the key adding procedure with IDS.

Right now I have one more question. In ELMconfig on page 2 of the HEC configuration section it is possible to select which version of PATS is used.
*Standard PATS (Focus Facelift level 2/3)
*Old KVM system (SSCD)
*New KVM system (SSB) (Kuga level 2/3)
*Standard PATS

Which of these settings must be selected for a Focus MK2 with a MK2.5 instrument cluster ?

#353 mayak

mayak

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:05 AM

KVM means KeyFree (keyless access)

I have FF2 after small facelift (oval radio, red illumination, new kind of GEM) and a cluster replaced with FL one with big display - look waaaaay better!

#354 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,098 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

just wondering.. any thoughts?
Apoligise this is slightly unrelated lol, but my next question was.. if the wiring is compatible from an ST.. maybe thats a way to enable the use of the ESP button, and start playing with getting the pods working if there is an option to enable them... Id imagine there is though! as its no different to some of the other options to enable or disable like washer level sensor etc... its just "another module" that needs to be set as present.

The Focus standard wiring is not the same throughout the car , in the Russain topics explaining how to fit an ESP switch ,most are direct wiring 2 wires to the GEM and 1 switch wire to the ABS module, to get the ESP switch to work.
Titaniun does have 90% of the loom in place , wiring to the GEM is complete , but the switch wire terminates at connector C111 , this wire has to be extended through the bulk head into the fuse box to the ABS module.
If you have the wiring in place for the switch then your almost there to get it working , if not then the Russian topic shows you how to do it , but its not straight forward , translation is not clear , picture guide is Ok , but with out word for word transation it's not so easy .
I have an ESP switch , reason i have not yet extended the wire , is time and enough information , i have asked on the Russian forum but received no reply.
Switch cost me £16 from Ford.

Hi All,
Also to mod the ELM would I be best going for a 2 way or 3 way switch?

Many Thanks

You will need a 3 way / double pole switch , there are various links at the start and throughout this topic for the switches we have used.

#355 Psyence

Psyence

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Jamieson
  • Ford Model: C-Max II 2.0 D Titanium

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

I know i have been quiet since my last post, but i wanted to let you know that i'm still working towards a first beta release this weekend.

Here is another little teaser (with one of the requested features)

Posted Image

#356 JW1982

JW1982

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

Looking good !! Great work. I can't wait for the release of the BETA. It looks very usefull.

Which Ford vehicles are covered by your software ? Is your program only for vehicles with can bus like the Focus MK2 or will it also work on older Ford models like the focus MK1 ?

#357 Psyence

Psyence

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Jamieson
  • Ford Model: C-Max II 2.0 D Titanium

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

Looking good !! Great work. I can't wait for the release of the BETA. It looks very usefull.

Which Ford vehicles are covered by your software ? Is your program only for vehicles with can bus like the Focus MK2 or will it also work on older Ford models like the focus MK1 ?

The DTC will work fine, i dont know about the GEM & HEC as i dont have a Mk 1 to confirm the settings. Does Civil-zz's ELMconfig software work for you ?

#358 JW1982

JW1982

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

As far as i have tried ELMconfig only works for the Focus MK2. I have tried it on the focus MK1 of a friend of mine and it didn't work. On my Focus MK2 ELMconfig works great.

#359 RB2004

RB2004

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Name: Ronald J
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 2008 Titanium with Sport Pack

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hi do any of these software program allow module reprogramming?

Ford have quoted me a stupid amount to go through all my modules installing all of the latest software updates.

PCM module almost certainly has a calibration update available.. Because its the DW10 engine and apparently there was lots of updates.

Calibrations can be downloaded off the motorcraft website just a case of programming them.. Dunno what happens in regards to firmware software updates when ids does it.. Presumably it downloads from the Internet or somethig

#360 Teabags

Teabags

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Name: DB
  • Ford Model: Focus ST
  • Year: 2009

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

I know i have been quiet since my last post, but i wanted to let you know that i'm still working towards a first beta release this weekend.

Here is another little teaser (with one of the requested features)

Posted Image

Looks good mate, looking forward to give it a go.
Did you have any luck with the auto levelling headlight adjustment?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

11 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users