PaulB1803

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Name: paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

Cheers mate, hopefully mine will arrive tomorrow and i can have a play while i wait for the courier to deliver my new iPad. :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 ajt

ajt

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec Climate 5dr TDCi 1.6
  • Year: 2007

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

On the IPC tab I think IVD = Interactive Vehicle Dynamics

http://media.ford.co...article_id=2609

Interactive Vehicle Dynamics (IVD)

What it is: Interactive Vehicle Dynamics integrates and manages the antilock brake system, all-speed traction control and yaw stability assist. In addition to providing the normal antilock braking and traction control functions, IVD has a yaw stability function that proportions brake pressure (above or below the driver's applied pressure) to each wheel individually, thereby delivering enhanced steering control at the dynamic limits for any traction surface while braking, accelerating or coasting. The IVD system could be activated when a vehicle is taking a turn too quickly or when it encounters a slippery road surface.How it works: The system compares the driver's intended path (which is derived from the steering wheel angle) to the actual vehicle path, which is inferred from a yaw rate sensor, a lateral accelerometer and wheel-speed sensors. If the actual path is different from that intended path (e.g., when the vehicle is understeering or oversteering), the IVD controller applies braking at selected wheel(s) and reduces engine torque if required to make the best use of available traction to keep the vehicle on the intended path and minimize loss of control.Customer benefit: Increased driver control, handling, performance and safety.Ford status: Available on the 2000 Lincoln LS, with the marketing name AdvanceTrac.

#48 ajt

ajt

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec Climate 5dr TDCi 1.6
  • Year: 2007

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

On IPC tab

ЭГУР

Eguren - electronic hydraulic power steering

#49 Pidu

Pidu

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 2.0 AT
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

On the IPC tab I think IVD = Interactive Vehicle Dynamics

http://media.ford.co...article_id=2609

Interactive Vehicle Dynamics (IVD)

How it works: The system compares the driver's intended path (which is derived from the steering wheel angle)

Nice find, but I think it could work only if you have sensor on steering wheel column (the one used for AFL, cornering lights or however it is called), unfo most of the cars don't have it.

#50 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

On IPC tab

ЭГУР

Ajt have you switched that on? is it the steering setting mode that is in Diesel's to adjust the sport settings?

On another note i have been using AABBY scan software .Taken screen shots of the various screens of ELM-FF2 and ELMconfig , then loading the images into AABBY , placing the program in Russian :) this then translates the image into text , save them as word documents and then Google translate. Works a treat . Before i was using Russian online keyboard and manually typing each letter before using google translate.

Only thing i have not done yet is over lay the text on the images , not had time.

#51 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

I can report back that activating this
ЭГУР

Brings up Power Steering malfunction on the display.

#52 rokos

rokos

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: FOCUS MK2 TDCI 1.6 CVT

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

hi guys.
I wonder if F-Super, that is based in the Mobydic 3210, is doing the same job?
This module can prorgam itself.
Any sagestions?

#53 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

hi guys.
I wonder if F-Super, that is based in the Mobydic 3210, is doing the same job?
This module can prorgam itself.
Any sagestions?

not knowing what Formidable was i checked it out , it does not do the same functions as ELM-FF2 , its more of a diagnostic software by the looks of it.

#54 james_60

james_60

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 976 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: 2013 Focus Titanium X 1.6TDCI 115BHP
  • Year: 2013

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

Hi Dudes

I have tried entering the codes into putty.

When i type the letters and numbers in i hit enter and it just makes me write it again over the original letters and numbers but i dont get an OK message :-(

Plz plz help i really want to go and try this baby out

Jamie

#55 james_60

james_60

• FOC Supporters
  • 976 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

Hi Pree

Can you do some more pages translated.

I set my computer to russian a few weeks ago and i could i change the fuzzing pregnant fish (alternate swear words) it took me exactly two weeks to get it back to english.

That is my excuse over anyway.

I mean pages like the :-

DDM-PDM
HVAC
RCM
Additional Pages ???
Diagnostics ???

Iam thick at times

Jamie :-(

#56 jarp

jarp

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Name: Jari
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2005

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hi Dudes

I have tried entering the codes into putty.

When i type the letters and numbers in i hit enter and it just makes me write it again over the original letters and numbers but i dont get an OK message :-(

Plz plz help i really want to go and try this baby out

Jamie

Dude, after you hit enter do you get prompt like >Kpp2csv81 ? Because if so, it is because your ELM327 dongle does send <CR>OK<CR> message to your terminal which causes your cursor to jump back to the beginning of the line (CR as Carriage Return), then OK is written and then again your cursor jumps back to the beginning of the line. Command you typed was probably well received and processed by the ELM327 dongle. Your terminal just expected <CR><LF> (Carriage Return + Line Feed) instead of plain <CR>. At least in PuTTY this is easily fixed from settings under Terminal, just enable: Implicit LF in every CR. Everyhing should be displayed right after then.

- J

#57 jarp

jarp

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Name: Jari
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2005

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

On another note i have been using AABBY scan software .Taken screen shots of the various screens of ELM-FF2 and ELMconfig , then loading the images into AABBY , placing the program in Russian :) this then translates the image into text , save them as word documents and then Google translate. Works a treat . Before i was using Russian online keyboard and manually typing each letter before using google translate.

Only thing i have not done yet is over lay the text on the images , not had time.

There is even easier way. Install software like Caputre Text (http://www.capturetext.com/) which allows you to select areas from the screen and copy all the textx from it no matter if it was originally possible to select it or not. Then paste to Google Translator and presto. Capture Text is shareware, but trial version is enough for translating these Russian programs.

Ps. Thanks for everybody for previous translations. Because this very thread I originally realized I actually can reconfigure my Ford without paying big bucks to the local Ford dealer. Already enabled instant fuel and disabled automatic rear wiper (extremely annoying when it's below zero and rear wiper is frozen or when rear window is covered in sand and rear wiper then scratches my rear window) and now I'm planning to get new steering wheel with cruise control buttons... Anyone know if it's possible to install just the cruise control buttons to 4-pole steering wheel without major plastic cutting?

#58 james_60

james_60

• FOC Supporters
  • 976 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

Thanx Jarp i just downlaoded it

Jamie :-)

#59 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,699 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

what does the instant fuel thing do ?

#60 Pidu

Pidu

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 2.0 AT
Contributor

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

It shows instant fuel consumption ;) Nothing more, nothing less :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users